Judi sets her direction on Mosins

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Judi and her Mosins

Judi sets her direction on Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Ok, I am back, had to go to work for a few days, but I thought about how and which way I want to go on my Mosins. First, I finally realized that I cannot collect them all. I have looked at all of your collections. I have as always taken advice from you guys.

So I have decided to collect factorys and pair them in years with close as I can in serial numbers on the barells. As the two 1927 ex-dragoons I have. I will collect the "war years" 1940-1945. Matching a Tula and Izhevsk factorys years. I also am going for M-91's of all six factorys. There are so many Finns. I want them all. But those will be "whim buys". I started on the Finn's and am going find the person that said in a post for me to; look at a few Finn's :rolling: :rolling: .

I also will match the Mosin's odd ones I have now ie; 1925 Izhevsk, 1939 Tula. Along with the 1942 & 1943 Izhevsk one will be a shooteer, are to be paired with the opposing factorys. I think this will focus me more on what I want then buying a million things, that I like. Yes, :brolleyes: I am also a push over too.

So, with that being said, now I have more to think about. I have the "mummy". I decided to kick him out of the pack. He has not said nothing as the Polish and Finn will keep him under wraps. I will sell this "mummy" since I will not be collecting that far. Also it has been driving me crazy to unwrap it. Which I will only do sooner or later. Then I'll have four mosins to clean. I'll smell like cosmoline foe a week. :brolleyes: :beek:

I feel if any of you are collecting. That it would only be right to offer it up and keep it as close to import as possible. I'll put it here for sale first, before tossing it on auction site. If you feel that I am right or wrong post it or PM me. Also, I been told that some of that ammo is collector stuff. If you want or need for your collection. Tell me I'll be happy to help you out. Otherwise, I will only get around to shooting it.

Now I finally got the crate moved. Seen a sheriff I knowen for years. He was working and passing by. I was talking to him and invited him in for a quick cup coffee. I requested that he help me move ...ahem, a small crate. Well we moved it and he was called away, by his wife. :rolling: ( he lives down the road), besides he does not collect Mosins so no sense wrecking that home. :beek:

Here is the before, when the guy who could not drive a fork-lift hit it. Then thanks for the secrect fourmla. Second picture the results.

Before....

After.....

I also lifed my buying ban. Dam you guys, you all knew that 43 Hex Tula in the WTS section :Drool1: , them Tula M-44, and $89 specials. I must have been day dreaming at work. :brolleyes: Well I was, I was thinking about how I was going to proceed in the Mosin hobby. Well what to you think of my plan. Give the "mummy" the boot and go for the plan on matching factorys and years. This will also give me a chance to shop and have a sense of direction. So, experts do I have a plan ? I will have a few shooters and then my glass cabinet will be my Moins. (sic) I just bought another one, that makes three and another new safe last month.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thankgiving. :thumbsup: They had plenty of leftover :spam2: :beek: . I have to work Christmas. I don't mind, gives my staff time off with the family, besides the pups look forward to pizza when I come home. Able to catch up on my sleep, :brolleyes: fall asleep one time :redfaced: and they hound you forever.

I think that next year I'll carry my Polish M-44 around. This way if a guy comes up and ask me on a date, I'll tell him to "strip" :beek: and toss him the Mosin. Otherwise I think I am wasting my time. Also thinking of...ready...real early retirement :beek: :beek: :beek: things are looking good for next year. Shann, is getting a Mosin, despite the fact the "Mosin guy" on her hubby's rifle site. Suggest, "that it is a waste of money for a women to have a Mosin." ..."she will only wind up destorying it"...I swear people out there. Anyhow what do you think Good Mosin Plan "A" ? Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Judi sets her direction on Mosins

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Every plan lasts until the first show then you see "just one little rifle" that you must have that isn't on the list. Yea, I stopped making plans many years ago and I just do whatever I want, I could walk out of a show with a Mosin M91 Finn, Japanese Arisaka, French Lebel, flintlock pistol, Enfield, and a pump shotgun all at the same time. I have the same problem at the grocery store, I go in for one bag of cat food and come out with a case of the newest flavor Spam, a giant sandwich, a jug of pickles, five cheeses, and a Pepperoni log.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: Cheese....pickles :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
RRSponenberg1968

Post by RRSponenberg1968 »

Judy what you need is a hobby,start collecting something,oh wait you already are. Addictions don't you just love them. :chuckles:
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

Since I still live at home. I get "I thought you were done buying guns..." fairly often from my old man. I always tell him this is the last one but I always get made a liar.
I'm broke because I buy milsurps. I'm rich because I buy what I enjoy.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just tell him you will be done when they lower you into the ground.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

I'm afraid he might do it...with my own mosin. :vsad:

I joke I joke.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Good for you Judi, I think now is the time to start getting serious about a class 003 C&R license. All the BS about being under glass about the government is just that in my opinion. With the current tide of what is happening in this country the government already knows you and what you had for breakfast. The C&R will open a whole new adventure in spending your retirement :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

The crate looks really nice Judi. Looking forward to seeing your future buys. Didn't mean to side track your thread :X.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The six arsenal m91 goal is a good one. Never thought I'd get there but I did. Good luck!

Then there are the P series, m24s, Tikka, VKT,...lol

I'm thinking of taking a page from MillerTime and going after each model produced in one specific year...when I have some money to try it. Lol
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

SAT arsenal m91 Is my goal....... :shock: :biggrin: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
dou44

Post by dou44 »

that crate would make a great coffee table. I am waiting for the glass I ordered last month for mine to come in and it will be finished.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I look forward to having just ONE M91. An M24. An............ oh wait, this isn't about my wants is it? hehehe I love that crate!!
Sgt lamb

Post by Sgt lamb »

i found long ago that actallualy planning a collection is wasted effort.What ever, the fates decide you shall have. Will come to you ...........
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Sounds like a plan,40-45/both factories..thats 20 rifles,perfect for the crate..
And i personally love the M91's..you cant go wrong collecting them.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sgtheindl wrote:I'm afraid he might do it...with my own mosin. :vsad:

I joke I joke.
Better send us your dads address and phone number, if we don't hear from you for awhile we will call and see if he wants to unload any milsurps he has laying about that used to be his kids... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

.Correct, I thought Miller Tyme was only collecting years, but he seems to start at the dawn of time and is at 2012 so far :brolleyes: :thumbsup: . I seen some class collections here, Dolk needs his own web-site that I vist when ever I can. :Drool1: :thumbsup: . I can only dream :brolleyes: :Drool1: :beek: :mrgreen: of what JYD has hiding. Miller Tyme who post "latest", as often as I order pizza. :biggrin: I know I did not post so many more of you :thumbsup: , only to keep this inder five thousands words.

I decide on going forward with my plan. With that I am going to rearange the family, Mummy, OUT ! :very mad:

Sorry, if I keep him, he will be unwrapped. If he goes to someone that wants a wrapped one ok. If not, unwrapped, cleaned and get next to the Polish. I just am trying to get myself in a sense of direction. There are so many diffrent Mosins. I cannot find the time it would take. That does not mean I do not appreciate looking and :Drool1: at them. Just need to have a end goal for the time being, when reached then expand the collection. :thumbsup: . Well, Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Nice toes!! ;mywink; Oh and , excellent work on the crate.
Jim

redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Sgt lamb wrote:i found long ago that actallualy planning a collection is wasted effort.What ever, the fates decide you shall have. Will come to you ...........
How true. I had a plan too a long time ago. I wanted to obtain just one example of each major model, not including the super rare ones. Then I bought my first M39. Plan went out the window. I congratulate you on making a plan, but something tells me the plan will at some point go out the window.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My dungeons are deep and filled with more than just skeletons chained to the wall ( all the gun thieves ) even I don't know what's in there. Finn Mosins, Mauser's, Jimmy Hoffa, Enfields, Lebels, Arisakas, Carcano's, Berthiers, ammo, ammo, ammo, bolts and stocks as well as old socks. Only the Shadow knows what I have stashed....and he ain't telling :)
Theodore Roosevelt