Look what I found for 129.00!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ModelAUZI

Look what I found for 129.00!

Post by ModelAUZI »

So I see the ad in Gander MT Mosins for 129.00. I go over and talk to the guy he says he didn't know anything about them so i ask if there are any are Hex. So the guy comes back with this!!!! How can you go wrong for 129.00. Numbers match with just a forced matched magazine. Even the bayonet matched. So I broke out my Okie gauges and then I drew a crowd. Soon I was checking lots of guns for people and bragging about this Forum. They had two crates for sale at 59.00 each. One was good but the other one was beat up. Well what do you think. Store in Fredericksburg VA by the way.

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
jonnyboy091373

Re: Look what I found for 129.00!

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Very nice. :) also, hopefully we will have some new converts soon from the crowd you drew. Great find and a good price for these days.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Good find! So far I've struck out at both Cabelas and Dunhams. Nothing but wartime Izhevsks with two exceptions, a 1940 Izhevsk and a 38 Tula.The Tula was very rough and had been through a harsh refurb. You could barely read the markings.
Steve The Pirate

Post by Steve The Pirate »

Nice find. I may hit the one in Winchester.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
Msims

Post by Msims »

ModelAUZI wrote:So I see the ad in Gander MT Mosins for 129.00. I go over and talk to the guy he says he didn't know anything about them so i ask if there are any are Hex. So the guy comes back with this!!!! How can you go wrong for 129.00. Numbers match with just a forced matched magazine. Even the bayonet matched. So I broke out my Okie gauges and then I drew a crowd. Soon I was checking lots of guns for people and bragging about this Forum. They had two crates for sale at 59.00 each. One was good but the other one was beat up. Well what do you think. Store in Fredericksburg VA by the way.

Not bad for a hex thats cheap but then again its a Molot so i see why its cheap... And its a refurb with the wrong stock... But the guy that has no clue would never know and pay more for what you have... Overall good... Now go shoot it
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Awesome find. That was the type I was looking for at Gander Mountain last Tuesday, but all they had were 42 & 43 round receivers (they had one 39 round Ishevsk). Very common stuff. I was hoping to grab a hex ex dragoon, but no such luck. You got a great rifle at a great price :thumbsup:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

How can you tell its a Molet? What stock should it have? Thanks!
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice,....glad some one is finding deals. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

ganders are not ,olots cabelas are tho
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

And, you know it's a Molot how? If so, that makes a difference how? And, this stock is the one it was refurbed in so it IS the correct stock regardless of what the stock was when first manufactured.

Nice rifle :thumbsup: . Enjoy..

BTW, I'm jealous of all that green stuff on the ground. I haven't seen that for a couple of weeks and only expect a peek from now till next April :b sad:
mikeg1952

Post by mikeg1952 »

Nice find....
My M44 Carbine also has a #2 on it, what dose the 2 stand for....?
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Just so I know, what indicates that is a MOLOT? I don't see anything that tells me that. It looks like a 32 hex in a refurb stock. Nothing I see makes that rifle inferior or incorrect. Help me out here, what am I not seeing?
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
john_the_plinker

Post by john_the_plinker »

Nice looking piece of wood on it! The rest of it looks good, too!
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

hoshow wrote:Just so I know, what indicates that is a MOLOT? I don't see anything that tells me that. It looks like a 32 hex in a refurb stock. Nothing I see makes that rifle inferior or incorrect. Help me out here, what am I not seeing?
If this particular rifle were a Molot, there would be a <гИс > C.I.P. Proof Marking on the tang or front right side of the barrel at the wood line and the Molot laser etched billboard under the handguard. Regardless of whether it is a Molot or not it is a 32 Tula refurb and a nice one at that :P
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

mikeg1952 wrote:Nice find....
My M44 Carbine also has a #2 on it, what dose the 2 stand for....?
No idea what that means on the butt stock. If it were on the bottom of the forestock between the muzzle and magazine and in that font and size, it would indicate more times than not a /25\ rifle likely with orange or red numbering on the serial number and rear sight gradients. All we can say is that it means something but we don't know what :)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

Thanks for all the replies. I was just happy to get one. This is number 11 for me and weather it's a rare one or a run of the mill one I love em just the same. :dance:
- Ted Nugent
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt