I need help guys

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
hoshow

I need help guys

Post by hoshow »

Hey fellas I am at gander mountain looking at mosins. There are hex receivers, red letters, wartime stocks, and ex dragoons. I don't have any of these types. Which is most desirable? All are the same price.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
racerguy00

Re: I need help guys

Post by racerguy00 »

Ex dragoon would be a good bet. Any MO or DDR ones?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Ugh they won't hold one for me until Friday unless I put it on layaway and then they won't give me the sale price.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

What is their price? They will usually price match Dunhams and Cabelas prices.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

$179 right now. $129 Friday after mail in rebate. The Tula is red letter and wartime stock. I am seriously thinking of getting it.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I wouldn't pay a huge premium on redletters. I've seen a bunch though. Cabelas is 129.00 right now IIRC. They won't price match? My local Gander does
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

I'm waiting for him to come back so I can ask. We don't have any cabelas in NY yet.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

It's a 43 Tula. Not worth grabbing?
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

at 129 if the rifle is in good shape I'd buy.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I'd pass at 179. Not worth a $50 premium to me at least
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Tula 1943 is a "2" on the 0 to 10 scale as far as rarity. It is not a rare rifle. Nice, but not rare.

Only the 1941 Tula is a little harder to find.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRarity.htm this is a little out dated, but close for most things except MO and red letter. There are so many coming out now their value is dropping.

Red letter rifles have no premium (or very little). No one even knows what it is all about either.

Same with the MO rifles. But they do tend to get a little more. Maybe $20 at most.

Stopsign32v wrote:PASS!!!!!!!!!! Unless the Tula is a -30, 41, 42, 43, etc.
1936-1940, 1942-1944 Tula M91/30 are rated "2"....Very common.
1930-1936 Tulas are rated "3" very common
-1929 Tulas are rated 4 still easy to find

Pick the one that you like.

Dolk
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ex dragoon with old script is what I would choose. Especialy a tula cause I don't have on yet. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

I didn't buy anything. I can order a hex from a couple places for less than what they wanted for pretty common stuff. I am frustrated because on the phone the guy told me he knew mosins and that they had hexes and ex dragoons neither was true. He actually said he knew a lot about nagants which should have been my first clue. I am eager to buy again but I would rather get a hex than what they had.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

hoshow wrote:I didn't buy anything. I can order a hex from a couple places for less than what they wanted for pretty common stuff. I am frustrated because on the phone the guy told me he knew mosins and that they had hexes and ex dragoons neither was true. He actually said he knew a lot about nagants which should have been my first clue. I am eager to buy again but I would rather get a hex than what they had.
Best part of Mosins is.....there will be another one for sale just around the corner! :thumbsup:

Better to get what you want! You did good!

Dolk
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Thanks Dolk. I almost succumbed to buying fever. I haven't bought in a while and had my heart set on getting something, but I only have the ok from my wife to buy one right now, so I would rather get something I really want not settle just for the sake of buying something.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

And a big thank you to everyone who added their input. You guys helped me off the ledge. It was pretty sweet to handle and look at all those Mosins today (the clerk who helped me when I went back let me see whatever I wanted.