Steyr M95

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Re: Steyr M95

Post by desdem12 »

There is commercial and surplus around for this rifle. IT isn't cheap but its not that bad either. These rifles are a total blast to shoot and worth having even if you don't shoot for history, WWI and WWII. I found some clips at a gunshow. Guy had a bunch of strippers and didn't know what they were so I bought a pile of different ones for 5 bucks and some m95 clips were in there. Easy to find and the surplus has clips with it already. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jlr2267

Post by Jlr2267 »

I have seen some of the PPU brass cased cartridges in 8x56 for $16 box. Their brass is generally good quality and reloadable. I haven't seen any surplus however.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Don't let ammo prices hold you back. Get one while they are still a bargain. If you pass you'll regret later.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

One of my local places has surplus and there was an influx of it around summer time. Check the normal distributers and there should be some around. I found some ppu and some hornady. The hornady is made from ppu brass. And I agree with etprescott completely :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I bought a couple of original clips a few years ago on Ebay, thinking I would soon get the m95 carbine to go with them. Now since then I have acquired about 5 boxes of the original 1938, 1939 German Nazi boxed ammo for collectibles, and still no Steyrs. I'll get one soon I imagine.
RC932

Post by RC932 »

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll be sure to post pictures of it whenever I get it :thumbsup:
1917 Remington 1891 Infantry [Finnish Service]
1936 Tula 1891/30
1943 Izhevsk 1891/30
1944/50 MO 1891/30 (possible Izhevsk, scrubbed tang)
NuJudge

I can remember seeing people throw away clips

Post by NuJudge »

Since childhood, I've always kept chargers and clips that surplus ammo came on, and picked up ones discarded by others. The idea of paying a Dollar for a Garand clip, $5 for a K31 charger, or $7 for an 8x56R clip boggles my mind.

I don't usually mind the recoil of military rifles, but such a light carbine with such a heavy bullet really makes an impression on me. I've taken to shooting mostly cast bullets out of mine, reloading the Nazi marked Berdan primed cases.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I love both of mine and shoot what ever I can find. I have hornady right now. Have not shot surplus yet. Found some m95 clips at a gunshow for 50cents apiece. :D
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

My local store has two for 140.00. They look a little rough
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

If any of you are looking for ammo here's some. I don't know how the prices compare. I was thinking of buying a Steyr M95 carbine but went a different route. This popped up while looking around.

300 rounds of 8x56r ammo on clips
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Mine was neat but I made too much off flipping it to not. Kicks like a mule. Loud. Fun.