Headspace gauges

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sartrean

Headspace gauges

Post by Sartrean »

I found this set of head space gauges for the 7.62x54r on Amazon for my 91/30. The set includes a Go, No Go, and Field tester.

My specific concern is that the description says you DONT need to remove the bolt head to complete the test..which would be less complex for a novice like me. Does anyone know anything about this particular head space tester and does anyone have concerns that the test might be inaccurate using the method which does not require the bolt head to be removed?
ponycarman

Re: Headspace gauges

Post by ponycarman »

Get okie gauges. There is banner for them at the top of the page. Great product and great guy to do business with :thumbsup:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Sartrean

Post by Sartrean »

Thanks.. didn't see the ad. Do you know if they require the bolt head to be removed?
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

No, they drop in the bolt face. The instruction are clear.
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

They stole the design from okie, and okie not only supports this forum but the hobby.. Buy from the best :)
Sartrean

Post by Sartrean »

Done and done...thank you
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Sartrean, you will be amazed how easy and accurate the Okie Headspace guages are. I would suggest checking with them for a package deal on the no-go and field guage. They come with simple instructions, and the instructions are on the website, but junk yard dog has a good video on using these. Welcome to RMNF.
Sartrean

Post by Sartrean »

Thank you.. glad to be here. I will look for the video.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

As the others have said. No disassembly at all. Very fast and easy to use.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

The guy I got my first Mosin from used the Okie gauges right there. In the dark parking lot even. They look really easy to use. Probably should pick up a set myself.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Gsragtop wrote:They stole the design from okie, and okie not only supports this forum but the hobby.. Buy from the best :)

Yup! :thumbsup: That guy selling those cheap knock offs is a snake. Get the Okie gauges and you'll be buying the Snap-On of Mosin Nagant headspace gauges.
Sartrean

Post by Sartrean »

LOL @ snap-on of Mosin head gauges! I am sold
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Sartrean wrote:LOL @ snap-on of Mosin head gauges! I am sold
Hey I know good tools when I see them, lol. Spent 32 years with them in my hands as an ASE Master Tech. Todd makes quality stuff and he's a good guy! :thumbsup: