My first not my last

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Captthundarr

My first not my last

Post by Captthundarr »

Finnaly getting around to posting some pics of my first Mosin. Picked it up at my local gunshop, every once in a while they get about a dozen mosin's in then they disappear in a couple of days. We have a large contengent of Marines (Camp Lejuene, MCB) here so they grab them up.

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1730_crop.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1715.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1703.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1699.jpg[/img][/img]

All numbers match except for the mag floor plate. it has a strike though.
More to come.
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
desdem12

Re: My first not my last

Post by desdem12 »

Here is a foto of your rifle. I will try to get the others out. Welcome and nice one. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ok try this maybe. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Good Job Brad, I was trying, but can't get the right link figured out for Captthundarr.

Who btw, needs to tell us whats on the barrel for information? Its got some need markings on the wood so far!

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Looks pretty good. How about a foto of the marks on the barrel shank too. :thumbsup:
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

Thanks folks I'm copying the photo bucket IMG thing to post as instructed. here are the barrel marks. this thing has mark al over the stock like freckles. I have sorted out most the rest I would assume to be insectors marks.

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1674.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1667.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1669.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/captthundarr/IMG_1666.jpg[/img][/img]

I've put 60 rounds through it to date. This is my first long gun ove .22 cal. love this thing and would like more. My range has an asortment of 91/30's, and carbines I just haven't gone through them yet to see what they are. This range also goes out to 500yrds and the 7.62x54r's make a distinctive sound on 1/2" steel at 500 yrds. :D
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

If you take off the first [img] and,
last [/img] then they will how up as pics and not links :thumbsup:
Patient957

Post by Patient957 »

Congrats on your first Mosin! Nice red color to that one and what a lot of stock markings. I am around the corner from you at Bragg and our Mosins do not move near as fast. The last time I went down to Wilmington it seemed every shop had some so might be worth checking out if you find the time to drive down there.
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

desdem12 wrote:If you take off the first [img] and,
last [/img] then they will how up as pics and not links :thumbsup:
Thanks for the tip. thats what I was looking for.
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

Patient957 wrote:Congrats on your first Mosin! Nice red color to that one and what a lot of stock markings. I am around the corner from you at Bragg and our Mosins do not move near as fast. The last time I went down to Wilmington it seemed every shop had some so might be worth checking out if you find the time to drive down there.
There are more markings yet to come! this thing is covered. The upperfore grip is so red it is almost black. No refinish on this one. I think that only one shop in town gets any in quantity and they are usually pretty nice. The range/shop me and the wife shoot at is in Newport/Havelock area. He just took in a collection (14ea. 91/30 and carbines)in on trade from a Marine that was moving and didn't want to move then. some rough some nice. :brolleyes:
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice, welcome the the RMNF the best site on the internet. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

Some more stock marks ect.

1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Congrats on your first milsurp rifle. :thumbsup:
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

I kid you not I love this thing. Coolest in my stash.
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Congratulations on a great looking rifle! Time to start looking for the next one. Its an incurable disease, let me tell you... I'm sitting waiting for a face to face sell right now for number 15!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Lotema wrote:Congratulations on a great looking rifle! Time to start looking for the next one. Its an incurable disease, let me tell you... I'm sitting waiting for a face to face sell right now for number 15!
:pointup: :thumbsup: Yep, quit now while you're ahead Capt. Thundarr or you will soon be meeting strange men in dark parking lots at night! :chuckles: Best of luck Lotema, I hope it turns out to be the rifle we both think it is. 8-) :thumbsup:
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

My wife is convinced that I'm gonna get mugged or worse. If you guys don't hear from me again, know I will be collecting pristine non bubba rifles in the great beyond!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

And more markings on the stock. The numbers match on this one except for the mag floor plate, it has a strike through.

URL=http://s47.photobucket.com/user/captthu ... 2.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

More to come. Some of these I have identified with help from this site. I would welcome whatever the "experts" have to offer.
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love