All Matching Type 53

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kamakazi339

All Matching Type 53

Post by kamakazi339 »

Added the 9th lady to the family ;) All matching Type 53. The stock seems waayy to good looking to me to be original so im voting bubba but im sure yall will correct me if im wrong! She I a beauty though so without further adeu

[thumbnail=center]Image[/thumbnail]

And im working on getting lady #10 tomorrow if I can work it out. She will be a nice one! Lemme know what yall think ;)

@ Buckeye several things good friend. 1. Jeez I just got home from picking this up and you didn't even gimme a chance to get the pics uploaded lol. 2. No spilling the beans on what I have in the works ;mywink;
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: All Matching Type 53

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice rifle, but I am thinking you are right about Bubba fooling with the stock finish.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Looks like bubba attacked alright. Nice 53 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That circle 2 makes me think stock swap. The rest is great though. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

By gosh that sure looks awful nice doesn't it? I have one that is all matching and one that is awful close and one that was a presentation piece. The all matching one I highly suspect was refinished but shows few signs and just that nice even finish like yours. Whatever it is a nice rifle and I wouldn't kick it out of bed! The Hungarian 02's are not circled as far as I know so I doubt that is anything other than an inspectors mark. Bill :o
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Nice T53 kamakazi, maybe a little bubba on the wood, I've seen a heck of lot worse. Thats got to be one of the longest s/n's around.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

Well I like it even if it has been bubba fied. At least it wasn't ruined with some crazy stain or black paint. And I needed a Type 53 gotta have as many variants as I can get lol
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

The stock has been messed with but other than that its a nice T53.