Which is the most valuable

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
fintowin

Which is the most valuable

Post by fintowin »

I have the opportunity to buy four m91's. I have crest pics. he wants 300 apiece.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Which is the most valuable

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That's a tough choice. I personally would go for the AZF. To me it has more history that the others.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Looking at just the markings and not the entire rifle I'm partial to that Remington, nice Imperial eagles, value's I don't know squat but I do like that Remington a lot :2cents:
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

what does the azf stand for? i personally would choose the remington depending on condition of entire rifles but thats just cuz i want an original remington to go woth my sported one
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

the 1914 tula has matching numbers. none have import marks. there is also a 1904 Izhevsk that I don't have a pic of. all are in fair condition, kind of beat up.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

If I couldnt buy them all, which you should as they all have unique qualities, I would go with the Westinghouse. It has a Fox Arms receiver.... :thumbsup:
Jim

fintowin

Post by fintowin »

fintowin wrote:the 1914 tula has matching numbers. none have import marks. there is also a 1904 Izhevsk that I don't have a pic of. all are in fair condition, kind of beat up.
I think azf is Austrian capture.
-George Washington
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

The AZF and the Remington are probably the hardest to find of the 4. All 4 are good buys at $300.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

ffeng31 wrote:If I couldnt buy them all, which you should as they all have unique qualities, I would go with the Westinghouse. It has a Fox Arms receiver.... :thumbsup:

+1 the NEW is the most valuable, don't see many Fox marked recievers.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

hello, I would say; pic one ,the finned Westinghouse, The ruzskys failed to keep contract. not as many shipped and when finned. How does that one look. Buy all M-91s .. is the other a PTG I can't see the pics any more on the screen.. Same with the Remington on contract deal, if recieved by ruzskys.
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Hello, everyone ??? Is anyone home ?? FOX ARMS Westinghouse . Aside form just taking our word for it , do thirty seconds of research and this becomes a no-brainer....
Jim

BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

ffeng31 wrote:Hello, everyone ??? Is anyone home ?? FOX ARMS Westinghouse . Aside form just taking our word for it , do thirty seconds of research and this becomes a no-brainer....
I think this is one of only a handful I've seen posted so I never think to look for that mark.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Pic 2 what is it ?? 1941 too late for a m-91 tula 91-26; izhersk 91-25/26 and sestroyetsk 92-18 . You know about the americans 17-18 stamp at latest??
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

#2 is a Finnish Model 91. Built from captured/purchased rifles. The Finns produced their own barrels and assembled the rest of the rifle from parts.
Jim

racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

NEW, for the win.....

+100 on the Fox receiver comments
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Thanks for the ED. On the finned remade rifle. It didn't look/isn't Russian m-91. That would be like a 91/38??? Some parts are M91, but not really a M91???
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Opps 91/39, I ment.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

boltaction wrote:Hello, Thanks for the ED. On the finned remade rifle. It didn't look/isn't Russian m-91. That would be like a 91/38??? Some parts are M91, but not really a M91???
It's a Finn M91
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Ok, the NEW seems to have the most votes, especially conidering they are all the same price, so next is to get more pics of the rest of the rifles.
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

BubbaDX wrote:The AZF and the Remington are probably the hardest to find of the 4. All 4 are good buys at $300.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

X2 agreed. Its a toss up between the remington, westinghouse, and the AZF marked Tikka.