Range report.

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sgt. Rob

Range report.

Post by Sgt. Rob »

OK, I will apologize in advance folks. Got to the range and my camera batteries were dead. So no fresh pictures. However here's a quick write up and some "stock footage" :lol:

The Mosin I have been playing with the most all summer has been my Molot import 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 PU sniper. So far I have been shooting five round groups of basic Russian and Bulgarian surplus ammo. However I do sort it out by weight, and then check for concentricity. Yesterday the two younger boys went with me and shot Wyatts 1940 Tula. They did very well on some zombie targets. I did my serious shooting with the sniper and the best I could get with yesterdays Bulgarian surplus was 3MOA. One group at 200yds went into 4inches, but the rest were all spread out to 6 inches. I would love to tighten that up before fooling around at the 300 and 500 yard distances so it may be time to play with cork shims. So far, every outing has been pretty steady with the 3MOA regardless of the surplus ammo. I do have some 174gr Silverbear to test still, so if anybody has some experience at 200yds and farther with the heavier stuff I would like to hear about it!

Here/s the stock pics! ....................

Wyatts 1940 Tula............

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Range report.

Post by bunkysdad »

Very nice Rob. Those are both very beautiful rifles. Those groups sound pretty darn good to my tired eyes.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Rob, can you believe I still have not taken the Remington revolver to the range yet? I need to get with the program, but I sure love that gun!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Sounds like fun was had all around Rob. So far I've only taken mine out to about 75 yards but it was about roughly 1.5 inch groups. That was just fooling around too. Not really trying to seriously.
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

We did have a good time! We started out with just us, but then about 4 more gents showed up and started to slow down target changes. May have talked a noob into buying a Mosin. Might go again tomorrow, I am itching to try the 174gr. Silverbear stuff. If it does considerably better, it will affect my next ammo purchase.

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper