it's official

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: it's official

Post by bunkysdad »

If they are still running busses that were around in the early 70's then they are in trouble.:lol:
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

jimpierce7 wrote:I live in Mountain View. Right in the middle of the whole mess!! Google over there.... Apple over here.....
Yikes that's where my ex lives... And she hates guns... But the area is kind of pretty. I like that park on hill that looks over the town.
Anyways, nice pick up for sure. Hope you got it for $150 or less.
:)
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

my 5th grade class took a field trip to ride BART. Opening day in fact. I was one of the first 100 people to ride it. Concord to Oakland and back. That was all it did then. lol
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I took more pics. Light isn't real good. Trying to find what the marks are still. On the top of the receiver, above the red letters is a barely discernible stamp. That would be the Izhevsk mark?

m1guy

Post by m1guy »

I like the red letters too. I have heard people say they are more sought after, they are less sought after, or it makes no difference. I don't know if they would be worth more to anybody else, and don't really care. I just think they look cool. They stand out.
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

This is the first time I’ve seen photos of the red letters. I’ve heard about them, but never seen one yet. I have a Romanian M44 that has yellow numbers. Don’t know what the significance to the yellow paint is.

I drove a truck for a speedy messenger service in SF for a couple of years. I left SF in 1973 and have not even been back since 2003 when I went to a Giants game, tho I was in Los Gatos and San Jose about 3 years ago and I was fortunate to not have to do any of the driving. Man, you can keep that traffic down there.
Gary
WIll Fly for Food... and More Ammo
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Well, right now, I know for sure that this '42 Izhevsk is the most rare and valuable Mosin Nagant ever. Because it is mine. :D
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

If you are talking about the top of the barrel shank, it is probably the soviet crest. The Izhevsk stamp seems to be over struck with the "KO" stamp which is too cool. Of all the reds I have, I don't have one with that stamping on it. I still say you should send it to me for inspection.... :D
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

qz2026 wrote:If you are talking about the top of the barrel shank, it is probably the soviet crest. The Izhevsk stamp seems to be over struck with the "KO" stamp which is too cool. Of all the reds I have, I don't have one with that stamping on it. I still say you should send it to me for inspection.... :D

that's why I kind of recognize it. It is the Soviet Crest.