are they out there?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

are they out there?

Post by jimpierce7 »

M91 and M24? Are there any left? Do they really exist? lol I've been looking, but it seems not in the right places. I really don't know why for sure but I fell in love with the long barrels. Maybe its because they are the original? I don't know. But I have only seen one for sale that was recent. And it was sold. Oh well. The quest is half the fun right?

I've found two guns locally. I will be picking up a '36 Tula hex on Saturday. Have a line on a 42 (I won't even come close to the right name/spelling with out looking) Izhevsk as well. I may end up with both. I don't know yet.

I am so screwed............
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: are they out there?

Post by bunkysdad »

When you type in i z z y the forum is set to automatically spell out Izhevsk. Just a helpful tip. Good luck. They are out there. :thumbsup:
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

thank you!! I'll remember that.

I just, JUST, missed 1916 Remington M91.

:b sad:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh man, that is a bummer.
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

they are out there yes.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

jimpierce7 wrote:thank you!! I'll remember that.

I just, JUST, missed 1916 Remington M91.

:b sad:
saw that one... It looked nice. Keep your eyes peeled, they do turn up & at prices not too out of reach like that Remington.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, they are, you might just have to wait until some collector kicks it and the family dumps the collection on the market before you see one for sale, but sooner or later you will see one. What they might cost when you do see them is anyone's guess.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
RC932

Post by RC932 »

I have a 1917 Remington M91 that I was fortunate enough to see at a local pawn shop. Check Gunbroker and you might find one. I just checked myself and found a real mixmaster of an M91. Perhaps even a capture recapture? 1899 Tula with a Cossack sight, SA Stamped, but it's been counter-bored

*LIVE AUCTION LINK REMOVED**Admin edit*
1917 Remington 1891 Infantry [Finnish Service]
1936 Tula 1891/30
1943 Izhevsk 1891/30
1944/50 MO 1891/30 (possible Izhevsk, scrubbed tang)
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

No active auction links please.

Also, if fellow collectors know you are looking for something and they have an example already for instance, they can steer you towards one if found.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

They're out there but you'll need to be patient unless you go the gunbroker route. I've only seen two in the wild so far and I bought both of them!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

racerguy00 wrote:No active auction links please.

Also, if fellow collectors know you are looking for something and they have an example already for instance, they can steer you towards one if found.
Link removed. :wink:

As stated previously, we do not want to see live auction links posted on the forum. The reason we don't post live auction links is to keep it fair for anyone who might be interested in bidding on the item & many other reasons I'm sure you could understand.

Thank You
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

There are m91s around and I have seen a few m24s come thru the forum this year. One very nice example I know of personaly :cry: :cry: :cry:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Sorry Des :wink:
Deals can still be found. In the last two days these examples popped up in a few different forums I frequent

M91 with a Romanian stock splice traded for a $150 pistol, Sig M24 at Gander Mountain for $250, a guy posted an m24 and was shocked so many people were interested. He was thinking $150ish. And I scored a neat 91/30 for $85 last night. You just have to be persistant and do some digging.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

well, I'll get a new stack of pennies together......... and when I do, I'll be all over it!! lol