My '34 Tula shoots well but...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
lalunette

My '34 Tula shoots well but...

Post by lalunette »

...every second stripper clip or so I have trouble getting the top bullet to engage into the barrel. I try to close the bolt and the bullet fails to "lift".

I have to push down on the bullets somewhat and that either solves the problem or I have to open the trapdoor, empty the bullets and reload by hand. BTW, once the top bullet "lifts" and enters the barrel, the remaining 4 bullets engage flawlessly.

Any advice on what should I be looking at adjusting, oiling, replacing, etc...

Other than this my vintovka is a sweet shooter and I'm having fun blasting away at paper targets, empty or full bottles, old empty fire extinguishers, etc...

Spasiba comrades !!!
boltaction

Re: My '34 Tula shoots well but...

Post by boltaction »

Hello, You may try a good cleaning of the mag well, follower assembly and the interrupter/ejector assembly inside the receiver. Oh, and I am sure you are a good little boy and clean all that shit up off the range, unless it's your land. I sure get tired of people that take their trash out to a public range and leave it for others to clean it up. That's not really what this sport/recreation needs right now. just my opinion ... Hope you can get your rifle to feed correctly .
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I would say there are 2 or three things to check here. First is to check you are not pushing the bullets in to far. 4 go under the interuptor and one above. Try duplicating the "good" sets. Next is to check the interuptor and adjust as necessary. If that fails then try another follower spring and see if that solves the problem. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
no4shot

Post by no4shot »

I was having the same problem. I could not figure it out. Everyone at my club was saying oh its rim lock. But i knew something was right so i took apart another mosin that worked fine and replaced the inturrupter in the one that didnt work. It now worked. I pulled the parts back out and compared them. The one that wasnt working was missing the indent that the rim slides through. Simple fix... i made the indent on the interruptor that didnt work. It now works flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk
lalunette

Post by lalunette »

boltaction wrote:Oh, and I am sure you are a good little boy and clean all that shit up off the range, unless it's your land. I sure get tired of people that take their trash out to a public range and leave it for others to clean it up.
Thx for the above comment. I spent a good deal of my youth in the French-Canadian Scout movement and learned a lot about leaving a spot cleaner then when you got there. :biggrin:
lalunette

Post by lalunette »

desdem12 wrote:I would say there are 2 or three things to check here. First is to check you are not pushing the bullets in to far. 4 go under the interuptor and one above. Try duplicating the "good" sets. Next is to check the interuptor and adjust as necessary. If that fails then try another follower spring and see if that solves the problem. :D
Thx for the above tips.

I may be pushing the bullets in too far as some of my clips are tight and I find myself using too much force to slide them off and into the receiver.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Hope you get it fixed. I have not really used the clips but the problems like this still show up without them also. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)