Explosion causes housefire

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
soylentblue

Explosion causes housefire

Post by soylentblue »

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53400739/ns/l ... nGAD1CkpOo

The report is light on the details, but from what I heard on the local radio station, the guy was reloading in his basement and somehow some powder lit off.
Here is where it gets a little troubling: The police seized all of his guns and magazines - from the entire house including his safe upstairs. I can understand the police securing whatever was in the basement, but breaking into his safe two floors away?
BubbaDX

Re: Explosion causes housefire

Post by BubbaDX »

The confiscating of all firearms and ammo is something we are seeing a lot of in news stories lately. It seems they now take all weapons anytime they enter a residence.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This is why you stash something at another location or two.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Since when is a reloading accident grounds for gun confiscation?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

so sick of hearing this buillshit somthing needs to be done a simple accident results in him losing all that for no reason ugh :vomit2: :vomit3: :vomit4: :bang:
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

The guy called everyone he could think of (including an attorney) and got his stuff back the next day I believe. This sort of disregard for our rights by some is very frustrating. I just heard another story yesterday of a guy in Lockport, NY getting shafted. His wife got pulled over for speeding and the officer asked if there were any firearms in the car. The guy said yes he had a 9mm handgun and it was legal for him to carry it as he had a ccw. The officer gets the guy out of the car and verifies that he has a valid permit. This is where the story should end, but the officer pulls the gun out of the holster, pops the magazine out, and counts 10 rounds in the magazine. The guy gets arrested which is bad enough, but a couple days later sheriff's deputies show up at his house and tell him his handgun permit has been rescinded and confiscate all his stuff 9about $3000 worth). This officer had no legal cause to check this guys magazine and everything subsequent to that should never have happened. The 4th amendment is no relevant apparently :big shock: :angry4:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:Since when is a reloading accident grounds for gun confiscation?
I suppose the same logic could be applied to an oven fire in a home. All appliances should then be confiscated and removed from the home. I mean, maybe someone would use them to cook or heat water or some other silly crap like that. It's a BS excuse to disarm as many people as they can. The world has become a place where the people in authority are smarter than the rest of us dimwits and we have to be protected from ourselves and eachother.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hoshow wrote:The guy called everyone he could think of (including an attorney) and got his stuff back the next day I believe. This sort of disregard for our rights by some is very frustrating. I just heard another story yesterday of a guy in Lockport, NY getting shafted. His wife got pulled over for speeding and the officer asked if there were any firearms in the car. The guy said yes he had a 9mm handgun and it was legal for him to carry it as he had a ccw. The officer gets the guy out of the car and verifies that he has a valid permit. This is where the story should end, but the officer pulls the gun out of the holster, pops the magazine out, and counts 10 rounds in the magazine. The guy gets arrested which is bad enough, but a couple days later sheriff's deputies show up at his house and tell him his handgun permit has been rescinded and confiscate all his stuff 9about $3000 worth). This officer had no legal cause to check this guys magazine and everything subsequent to that should never have happened. The 4th amendment is no relevant apparently :big shock: :angry4:
The officer chose to become the enemy, that citizen is likely not going to forget it, neither will anyone he tells about it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

hoshow wrote:The guy called everyone he could think of (including an attorney) and got his stuff back the next day I believe. This sort of disregard for our rights by some is very frustrating. I just heard another story yesterday of a guy in Lockport, NY getting shafted. His wife got pulled over for speeding and the officer asked if there were any firearms in the car. The guy said yes he had a 9mm handgun and it was legal for him to carry it as he had a ccw. The officer gets the guy out of the car and verifies that he has a valid permit. This is where the story should end, but the officer pulls the gun out of the holster, pops the magazine out, and counts 10 rounds in the magazine. The guy gets arrested which is bad enough, but a couple days later sheriff's deputies show up at his house and tell him his handgun permit has been rescinded and confiscate all his stuff 9about $3000 worth). This officer had no legal cause to check this guys magazine and everything subsequent to that should never have happened. The 4th amendment is no relevant apparently :big shock: :angry4:
That goes against the published guidelines:

D. Right to check and inspect magazines v. firearms
Absent some indication of criminal activity, there is no right to inspect the contents of a magazine to ensure that it meets the requirements under the Safe Act. If an officer has probable cause to believe that a particular magazine is unlawful, he or she may seize and inspect it. If there is founded suspicion of criminal activity, the officer may ask for consent to check the magazine. However, the mere existence of a magazine, which mayor may not be legal, does not provide probable cause to believe that any law is being broken
lalunette

Post by lalunette »

The RCMP confiscated all kinds of weapons from homes in Peace River, ALberta back in June.

The excuse? There was a flood.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Most+ ... story.html

"The provincial Emergency Management Act grants authorities additional powers during a state of emergency, including the authority to enter premises without a warrant and take property to “prevent, combat or alleviate the effects of an emergency or disaster.”

They broke into homes and gun safes to get at the stuff.

What a load of bull.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hide your shit and don't say were.
Theodore Roosevelt
soylentblue

Post by soylentblue »

The SAFE act specifies that 'IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO KNOWINGLY POSSESS AN AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE' 'WHERE SUCH DEVICE CONTAINS MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION'
So, what do I do with all of my enbloc clips? They only work with 8 rounds. The act doesn't say 'magazine', it says 'ammunition feeding device'
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just wait until you are ready to fire on the range, load all eight rounds and fire, or load one in the chamber, then there are only seven in the mag. F&^% them all, I do as I always have, I am finished with their bullshit.
Theodore Roosevelt
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

its good to see im not the only one pissed about all the bullshit going on
rustytruck

Post by rustytruck »

Police can pretty much do whatever they want. That's why there are lawyers.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Just wait until you are ready to fire on the range, load all eight rounds and fire, or load one in the chamber, then there are only seven in the mag. F&^% them all, I do as I always have, I am finished with their bullshit.
:pointup:

Hide your stuff and carry on as you were! I only wish I could bury a shipping container in my back yard without my neighbors knowing.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

BubbaDX wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Just wait until you are ready to fire on the range, load all eight rounds and fire, or load one in the chamber, then there are only seven in the mag. F&^% them all, I do as I always have, I am finished with their bullshit.
:pointup:

Hide your stuff and carry on as you were! I only wish I could bury a shipping container in my back yard without my neighbors knowing.
Put the neighbors in as well.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Lol.