Never going to Florida, ever!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Re: Never going to Florida, ever!!

Post by WeldonHunter »

vblue42 wrote:This story is fake guys. Read below.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2011/so-the- ... ry-is-not/
I see they're saying this was in Louisiana too. No way. There's no snakes even close to that size here. Black snakes, coach-whips and eastern diamond backs (which are only far eastern Louisiana) get up to maybe 80 or 90 inches but nothing like that monster.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The kid looks like he has a pretty good idea that this isn't a good place to be.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
IvanIvanovich

Post by IvanIvanovich »

The snakes in South FL are descendants of Burmese Pythons which escaped after hurricane Andrew.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Don't care!! I'm still not going to Florida.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

It didn't happen in FL. That pic is from Australia.
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cool snakes in Australia also from what I hear.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
gurn

Post by gurn »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Cool snakes in Australia also from what I hear.
The Australian snakes are really the only ones to be scared of. Those little deadly Australian jelly fish too.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Or the stabby fish that stabbed that crazy Australian snake handler guy.
Theodore Roosevelt
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Stopsign32v wrote:Looks like a king cobra to me.
It's a reticulated python. meaner than all get out. I'll keep to my Anacondas just as big if not a smidge bigger but not as ill tempered. This is a common problem in Florida because the Florida exotic pet trade thought it would be a good idea to release the large constrictors to propagate naturally and then collect them for sale. Never thought these critters would move deeper into the swamps where they could not be tracked. Yeah great job guys now Florida is over run by the giant constrictors. Reticulated and Burmese pythons. Thank god to propagate Anacondas you need a hundred or so males to each female to create proper breeding hormones in the females other wise Florida would be over run by a larger and more efficient predatory constrictor that spends 95% of it's time in the water where you can't see them. On the bright side there would no longer be an issue with stray cats and dogs.
As they say the pen is mightier than the sword...however that also means the pen is far more dangerous than the sword. The sword can take your life or your limb but can not take your freedom, the pen can. A wary patriot watches the pen as it can steal his freedom. The wary patriot knows he can use the pen to take power from those who wish to use the pen for evil, but keeps his rifle close by his side "just in case"!
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Lol "the stabby fish" lmao
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

According to the article and the true story its not a constrictor of any kind. Its a very venomous brown snake and they only live in Australia.
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
IF, I see even a garden snake near my pups,..I dispatch them very quickly with my Hi-Point .45 When they are running it might take a few rounds, But I always carry two magazines with me. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Constrictor, reticulated, venomous, garden snake---it don't matter I dislike them all. I haven't slept well for two nights after reading this thread. :biggrin: Give me a nice normal four-legged predator any time, heck even a T-Rex. :shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rlchemist wrote:Constrictor, reticulated, venomous, garden snake---it don't matter I dislike them all. I haven't slept well for two nights after reading this thread. :biggrin: Give me a nice normal four-legged predator any time, heck even a T-Rex. :shock:
OK, one pissed off Polar bear coming up :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
rlchemist wrote:Constrictor, reticulated, venomous, garden snake---it don't matter I dislike them all. I haven't slept well for two nights after reading this thread. :biggrin: Give me a nice normal four-legged predator any time, heck even a T-Rex. :shock:
Uhhh, let me re-think this. :D A polar bear, and a pissed off polar bear, would probably ruin my day :beek:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rlchemist wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Uhhh, let me re-think this. :D A polar bear, and a pissed off polar bear, would probably ruin my day :beek:
Did I mention you pockets stuffed with bacon?
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Wouldn't a T Rex be considered to just have two legs?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Bacon in my pockets! :o Holy Cow...I'd be someone's dinner in about one nano-second. :lol: Maybe this snake thing isn't so bad after all...can they smell bacon? :vconfused:
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:
Wouldn't a T Rex be considered to just have two legs?
Hey your correct..they do have some tiny 'arms' but they do walk on just two legs. Let's see, give me my M44 with 5 rounds and T-Rex would be history. :big shock: Or better make that a 50cal machine gun, a Browning M2 would probably do the trick. :biggrin:
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi