Mosins at Cabelas

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bcposton

Re: Mosins at Cabelas

Post by bcposton »

Fort Worth Cabelas had lots of Molot round receiver refurbs but most were in what I would call rough shape for a refurb - went home without any since they reminded me of the $99 Aim Shooter grade examples we see sometimes.
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

The Fort Worth location got picked through quite quickly. There are some molots, but there were some ex dragoons, ex snipers, and MOs, so I'd say they had a good selection when the sale began. :wink:
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

New batch in @ Fort Worth after this last batch was bought up. A bunch more hex's and ex dragoons. One 1926 ex dragoon had a 3 digit serial number. :)

Quick question for y'all.... I found a 32 Izhevsk with a M91 (original 91/30???) front sight but regular 91/30 flat leaf sight. Its in a pre war stock with a riveted rear barrel band. I have looked into this but have found no special significance. Anyone know anything about this specific variation? Help greatly appreciated!!!!
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

Well I'm not going to buy it. I wish I had a nice phone so I could post pics on the fly.
Anyways, if you're near a Cabela's I'd suggest looking through their lot now cause the sale ends in 2 days.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It could have been a Finn or a Spanish Civil War or whatever. It would have been the one to buy. They get snuck in sometimes. This forum has had quite a few gems found right out of the crates that may be worth double the price. But you are right. You need a good camera phone. This picture was taken in poor lighting with a Samsung Galaxy II phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Last month Cabela's in Billings (MT) had about 8 available, all 1943 Izhevsks 91/30s and they had nice looking stocks. $149 and I didn't see anything that stood out, other than they were all decent looking Mosins.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

1943 Izhevsk is a good rifle for a few reasons. 1) you don't have one yet. 2) you like them enough to collect multiples primarily for variations in the stocks. 3) trade for other weapons, maybe even non-Mosin. 4) trade for ammo. 5) to give as gifts to further the cause of preserving. 6) to be used as a fun shooter or to put in the hands of friends at the range. You would not want to loan your BIL the M27 to take off on a shooting vacation. Or would you?:P
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

PXDon wrote:Quick question for y'all.... I found a 32 Izhevsk with a M91 (original 91/30???) front sight but regular 91/30 flat leaf sight. Its in a pre war stock with a riveted rear barrel band. I have looked into this but have found no special significance. Anyone know anything about this specific variation? Help greatly appreciated!!!!
Sounds like a finned 91/30 in a dragoon stock. The barrel bands would likely be worth the asking price and the stock would be worth double if the correct dragoon stock to go with the bands. Someone just bought a dragoon that needs that stock. I think it was a 28 dragoon with a sporter. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)