I need some advice. What to keep!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Greasemonkey

Re: I need some advice. What to keep!

Post by Greasemonkey »

Handi-Rifles :Drool1: Love my .223 heavy barrel and .45-70 :thumbsup:

Personally if it is an option, me, I'd sell off the commercial weapons that are currently made, and keep the collectibles. To me, commercial weapons are just that, massed produced items that can be found anywhere at almost anytime.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I have shot Handi Rifles and their predecessors, for well over 50 years. I love them. Inexpensive and accurate and were for the longest time, made right up the road from us. Whats not to like :biggrin: ?

My deer rifle (shotgun) is a Tracker II magna-ported. Damn thing is dead nuts on at 50 yards with iron sights' and quality slugs. Here on the coast, shots longer than 50 yards are not the usual :shifty: , close in is more likely :shifty: so single shot slug guns work well..

The BC is a great rifle and 45/70 is a blast. I shoot Swiss FFF and cast lead and the rifle is pretty accurate. We do a 200 yard steel Buffalo shoot four times a year at our club and I have managed to take third place each shoot (still trying to beat the Sharp's shooters :angry4: ). For the money its a great bargain :thumbsup: .

PS: I've decided to keep all four for now :brolleyes: but I will sell off three as time goes on :) . I will keep the SAKO with the stamped "2" as I think its the best all around and the "2" does put it into a sparse category IMHO. Thanks again..
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Chrome Moly Vampire

Post by Chrome Moly Vampire »

Heck, just sell me one of them. I don't care which one! Or keep them all! Fight Authority! Roll your sleeves up! Mow some lawns! Take it like a man!

This advice is easily given because it doesn't pertain to me. I feel for you. Seriously, sell me one. At a massive discount. And free shipping. With ammo. And a loaf of banana bread.
Last edited by Chrome Moly Vampire on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I never miss a chance to provide joy and/or erotic thoughts to the elderly"
~Floran~
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I think your rifles displayed like they are makes it way too easy for your wife to count them. Good luck with whatever you decide. I am sure any of those fine rifles posted here will be sold in short time. Me personally, I would sell some of the newer rifles before I sold my Mosins.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
I can make your wife happy by coming over and buying them all, and seeing you have some other stuff,...she might want to get rid of. I 'll bring the sale papers for her, she tell me how much she needs. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;

ps....keep them all. Judi
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
gurn

Post by gurn »

Chrome Moly Vampire wrote:Heck, just sell me one of them. I don't care which one! Or keep them all! Fight Authority! Roll your sleeves up! Mow some lawns! Take it like a man!

This advice is easily given because it doesn't pertain to me. I feel for you. Seriously, sell me one. At a massive discount. And free shipping. With ammo. And a loaf of banana bread.
So thats what the Vampire in your avatar is eating, a slice of banana bread. :tongue:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Chrome Moly Vampire

That is actually an Arby's Big Montana sandwich with Horsey Sauce he is obviously repulsed by. This was a candid photo taken while on holiday at Lake Tahoe. He is affectionately referred to as the "Holy Shit!" vampire due to the expression on his face. His proper name is Randall Van Shat. It's been rumored that he has Icelandic origins, but there are several references to him in ancient Kurdish texts. Most consider his true native land unknown. He had a brief brush with fame when he and actress Nancy Culp went on an extended retreat together in the Maldives during the late 20th century. He's also reported to be distantly related to the Choculas of breakfast cereal fame. His branch of the family remained in Europe while the Choculas emigrated to the U.S. after World War Two. He currently resides in Romania where he enjoys billiards, embroidery, pop culture and killing people. His favorite actor is Shemp Howard.

Fun Fact: The Chocula family settled in the Midwest part of America because of their fondness for the grain states. And the rest is history.

So now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
~Floran~
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Im pretty sure that grampa chocula settled Hershey Pennsylvania, in Transylvania county penn. :shock: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Chrome Moly Vampire

That was once thought the case, Des. The Choculas only remained in Pennsylvania for 10 months in 1947. They pulled up stakes (no pun intended) after a land dispute that caused quite a local stir, but was covered up by the surrounding media. They finally put down roots in Bloomington Indiana and that is where they remain to this day.
~Floran~
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)