Hungarian M44 (Bought 2 weeks ago)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mosinowner

Re: Hungarian M44 (Bought 2 weeks ago)

Post by mosinowner »

Thanks to a fellow bulletin board member I acquired a Hungarian M44 cleaning rod (was missing when I bought rifle).
I tried to screw it in and found that it would not thread....took the retaining nut out and found it was completely clogged with dirt. Cleaned the dirt out...put it back in and the rod screws in perfectly. I couldn't help but wonder what battlefield that dirt came from.

Of course, since I had the retaining nut out...figured I might as well get a photo...it has the proper "02" marking for a Hungarian M44.

catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Now THAT is sweet!!
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

For $120.00, you got an amazing deal. I paid nearly double that for my Hungarian but mine was basically like new metal but semi-Bubba'd (who the hell spray paints the barrel bands and magazine gloss black, installs sling studs in a stock that already has perfectly functional sling escutcheons, then puts super shiny lacquer all over the stock?!?!?). Great shooter but Bubba messed up most of the historical value. I love it anyway.