Another possible purchase, your thoughts needed

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rocket

Another possible purchase, your thoughts needed

Post by Rocket »

Here's another I'm taking a look at. Your thoughts are valued and appreciated. The barrel stamping seems quite crude, but I don't have a keen eye for such things yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
1943 91/30 Izhevsk round (2)
1917 Remington M91 hex (sporterized)
Finn without a stock
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Another possible purchase, your thoughts needed

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Typical wartime refurb with force matched numbers. Value would depend on what they typically sell for in your area. $150 give or take.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Actually the barrel stampings and receiver on this rifle look great for a '42. Check the bore. Nice looking rifle. $150 or below.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I have a 1942 rifle with that same exact CAI import mark; nothing you can do about that. However, the rest of the rifle looks like a very nice Izhevsk refurbished M91/30. If it has a nice bore, it is worth a look depending on the price. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I agree, it is a nice looking wartime refurbished rifle with a great looking stock. :P
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Along with whats been said, if it's got a decent, reasonable price and it speaks to you, go for it. :thumbsup: If it really doesn't speak to you, another will appear at some point.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

All about bore on this one. Everything else looks great on it. If its got a good bore, and the price seems fair, pull the trigger so to speak.
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Looks good to me . If you like it buy it. I don't put a price on things if I like them. That is a nice Mosin. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks fine, what's the matter with it? The markings in the first pic are not Soviet, they are the Century banner import mark required by Federal law on all imported firearms.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Judi and her Mosins wrote::soapbox:
Looks good to me . If you like it buy it. I don't put a price on things if I like them. That is a nice Mosin. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Im the same way. If I want it, money is not the issue. I am not wealthy by an stretch but if I can make it happen it happens. Same goes for my wifes sparkly things... :eek: