Persian Mauser Carbine

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Persian Mauser Carbine

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My favorite shooting Mauser, the Persian Mauser carbine. This one has most of it's blue gone, rubbed off by Iranian desert tribesmen who like their guns in the white. Carried much and shot little, mechanically the carbine is perfect, fully matching, rock solid stock, and perfect bore and crown. The Mosin M44 leaves a tiny fireball compared to this Mauser, the barrel is almost 2" shorter than the M44. Stand just behind the shooter and slightly off to one side and the muzzle blast will leave you feeling as if someone compressed your body, but it's not a bad rifle to shoot once you get used to it. This one loves the slightly hot Turk rounds.

Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Izhevsk762

Re: Persian Mauser Carbine

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Interesting little carbine!

Is the rear sight in Farsi?
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Love the crest! 8-) I like the shorty's, they look cool 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, it's in Farsi, this carbine is the same size as the German G33/40 but without the lightening features.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

The Persians bought some fine Mausers, and that carbine is a fine example JYD.The Shah would be pleased to know his rifle ended up in good hands.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

An absolutely beautiful gun! One of these are on my top three short list at the moment...but have you seen what they go for these days? Man, I would love to see that kind of a fireball coming out of a Mauser...nice!
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

Wow, cool rifle.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Amazing. The Persian Mauser is & has been on the top of my list for some time.

Thanks for sharing. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

rem223 wrote:I have to ask you experts a question. Who refurbished these rifles to their current condition or were they manufactured as such?
The really pretty Persians are as they were made. JYD's nice carbine looks to be in a used, and unrefurbed condition. I am curious though. JYD is your carbine of Czech manufacture, or Persian (Iranian), Both types are out there.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So far as I know none of the Persian rifles were refurbished, there were, and are some unissued long rifles ( Persian GEW98's) being offered by SAMCO as well as issued rifles, but no refurbs. This carbine is in it's issued condition, nothing has been updated since it was last used in the field some 30-40 years ago.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I remember Samco had Persian Mausers for sale for quite some time.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Jim it's easy to see how it could be your favorite shooter. That finish is just the way I like them. I'd like to see that fireball! The same Turk ammo is what broke my Hakim extractor. Definitely a 8mm round that is best suited for the bolt actions.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

The metal on that is just great. I love the Persian and South American Mausers. They have such nice designs on the barrel shank / receivers.That lion is very nice. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's my favorite trail rifle because it's light, and packs a big punch, just in case Mr Bear gets nasty. The action is smooth, and the rifle swings well, I can aquire a sight pic very quickly, it's sights are slightly less crap than other Mauser's. I recall SAMCO selling lots of long rifle Persians, 98/29's but not the carbines, they may have done so long ago, there is no import mark on this carbine.
Theodore Roosevelt
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Now I see it, JYD! Likely one of the Interarmco specials of the 1960's. If you bought it more recently, I bet you paid more than the $25 with eighty rounds of ammo.

And yes, these shorty Mausers have a great trail-gun feel to them. I see there is a saddle ring for the tether in case the riding gets rough.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

This is the rifle in your video the young man bruised his shoulder with? His reaction was priceless.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The same rifle :) We did tell him to hold it tight several times, that time however I think the lesson hit home :)
Theodore Roosevelt