7.62X54R Ammo

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Burrhead

7.62X54R Ammo

Post by Burrhead »

I don't shoot surplus as I reload but thought someone might be interested in this 7.62X54R by the case of 880 rounds.
http://www.americantactical.us/1291/detail.html
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 7.62X54R Ammo

Post by Rongo »

I haven't checked on 7.62x54r in a while.... Is that the going rate on a crate these days???? :shock:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Not for some, but i don't know about ukranian :o
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

AIM still has Russian for $146.00 for 880.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shit, that's a big price on that one, cheaper to buy 100 cases, some bullets a die set with Lee hand press and reload it. Remember when Czech was under a hundred bucks a case of 760?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

For me the price was a big ??? as I load all my 7.62 ammo, so I posted this up and figured you guys would either say WOW or get the result I got. Oh well it was just something I came across when checking on a 45 pistol I was looking at. :mrgreen:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Thanks for the effort Burrhead. Here is the best site I have found for pricing ammo. http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x54R
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:Thanks for the effort Burrhead. Here is the best site I have found for pricing ammo. http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x54R
Thumbs up for Gun-Deals. Saved me lots of money especially on 7.62x54R. Pay close attention to SGAmmo's shippping. Sam may be a little higher on the cost per case but he makes up for it with cheaper flatrate shipping.

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Welcome aboard weldonhunter.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:Welcome aboard weldonhunter.
Thanks, glad to be here.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Have dealt with SGAmmo and i give them a big thumbs up. Great fast service and cheaper than most on shipping, at least to me here in the west. :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Weldon, it's nice to have have you with us. We love gun talk and ammo talk. Every time I get the money for a bulk ammo buy I buy another gun. ;)
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

Hello fellow members

Can you safely shoot Mosin Nagant with this 148grn surplus ammo?

MuzzleMarc
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

MuzzleMarc wrote:Hello fellow members

Can you safely shoot Mosin Nagant with this 148grn surplus ammo?

MuzzleMarc
Absolutely. I've been using it for years. As a matter of fact it's all I use. I have an 880/rd crate, 4/440rd tins of it and about 100rds left of an opened tin of 440rds. Never a problem or misfire.
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

Thank you WeldonHunter for the information. This is what I hoped ;)

MuzzleMarc