Who is this Bubba guy?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Who is this Bubba guy?

Post by millman »

finloq wrote:And his girlfriend:

:no2: :vomit1:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
HiLandR

Post by HiLandR »

Ouch! A face that could launch a thousand ships, and looks like it did!

There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.
~ Ted Nugent

Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I found Bubba on another M-N site :angry4:
I love Mosin's.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bws

Post by bws »

Greasemonkey wrote:Bubba is:

The type of person to Cerokote a wartime German Luger zombie green and pay extra to find hot pink grip panels to install on it.
Dooooood, zombie green and pink grips? That's not wrong, that's a plea for help.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

When the Most Interesting Man In The World finds out you used his photo to illustrate Bubba he is going to beat the shit out of you.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Greasemonkey wrote:Bubba is:

The type of person to Cerokote a wartime German Luger zombie green and pay extra to find hot pink grip panels to install on it. :shock:
The type of person that would attach a laser sight to a black powder revolver.
Shove a rare SKS in a bull pup stock with a flaky hicap mag and chopped barrel saying it's tacticool. Throwing away everything he removed.
Sand and refinish a rare matching Swede Carbine, then drill and tap it :bang:

I could go on and on :D

The destroyer of all things collectible, he could be right next to you. :shock:

If they post, it could start out with a photo like this :big shock:
What scares me Greasemonkey is why you staged that picture in the first place. Do you have a super secret past that we are not aware of? Are you in a Bubba witness protection program? :shifty:
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

finloq wrote:And his girlfriend:

Oh No! Is right! That's a Glee Girl....... They have invaded this forum too...... RUN!
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

clayshooter2 wrote: What scares me Greasemonkey is why you staged that picture in the first place. Do you have a super secret past that we are not aware of? Are you in a Bubba witness protection program? :shifty:
Why worry about my photo, I mean the Mrs. Harry Pits Bubba photo is running wild. :chuckles: :vomit1: :vomit4: :vomit2: That photo is so, well I got nothin for that, shockingly, just :vomit3:

Seriously, it was an old April Fools Day photo. No secret bubbaing past :thumbsup: Besides, I hate wood working, building my own house about to kill me :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

She's purty. Wheres my hacksaw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That man looks fit to explode.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:When the Most Interesting Man In The World finds out you used his photo to illustrate Bubba he is going to beat the shit out of you.
Bring it ON!!!

I hope he's carrying 'cause I am :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

May not be the best shot, but never failed to qualify. :twisted:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:That man looks fit to explode.
He needs a bucket.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I was at a gunshow once and found these two gents selling a large collection of "sporting" rifles made from just about anything you could think of. I snapped the picture as I told them they were a**holes for destroying the rifles. Strangely enough their names were Bubba and his brother Bubba.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

It's just a wafer thin wafer.. (Monty Python for those who don't know the quote)
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Bubba lives here,with his hacksaw..
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

WeldonHunter wrote:I was at a gunshow once and found these two gents selling a large collection of "sporting" rifles made from just about anything you could think of. I snapped the picture as I told them they were a**holes for destroying the rifles. Strangely enough their names were Bubba and his brother Bubba.
I always knew bubba was inbred but DAMN! Those two must be 3rd or 4th generation inbreds.

(Am I allowed to make bubba jokes? :mrgreen: )
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Gsragtop wrote:
It's just a wafer thin wafer.. (Monty Python for those who don't know the quote)
Fishy fishy fishy fish.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Chrome Moly Vampire

Post by Chrome Moly Vampire »

JUST DON'T DO IT.

That means any of it. I speak from experience.

On the other hand I believe there is a certain strain of Bubba that is uncommon. This is the ignorant Bubba that has been enlightened by the educated. Most Bubbas don't care about historical significance. The rare one, once learning of the history and beauty of the weapons he knows nothing of, embraces the responsibility of preserving these dollops of milsurp heaven. He instantly regrets and constantly grieves over firearms that fell victim to his and his idiot friends bright ideas. He constantly dreams of military rifles and handguns he let get away in the past because they weren't "cool".

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, this is Reformed Bubba. He changes his name to Conrad and has a penchant for British television and PBS fundraising.

Reformed Bubba is as rare as a Republican in a rainbow afro wig driving a Fiat. But they are out there. They do exist. You just have to believe.

(Cue X-Files theme)
"I never miss a chance to provide joy and/or erotic thoughts to the elderly"
~Floran~
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Bubba? He's the low IQ stupid mother&^%$#@ who chopped the wood stocks down , cut the barrels back, and sanded the blue off the first 40 or so GEW98 Mauser's I found. He is the shit for brains idiot who ruined the No1 MKIII* Enfield it took me 25 years to put back to rights. He is the floor flushing scumbag who ruined the 1899 Tula M1891 I have in the parts bin. His parents were related to one another. I could go on, but I think the point is made.

Aw come on Jim, tell us what you really think. Quit sugar coating it :chuckles:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Now, you will on occasion come across a "Bubba'd" rifle that, while destroyed from a "historical" basis is a desirable piece. A good bud of mine has a bring back Mauser (his Dad brought it back) and it was modified by a professional Gunsmith. He used it to feed quite a few people in a rather poor part of Maryland as this man felt it was his responsibility to feed his widowed mom, siblings and other family. This 98K has NO historical value but it is priceless to "Mac"
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain