Chinese D Model SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Chinese D Model SKS

Post by Miller Tyme »

The coversation earlier this week about " 30 round mag SKS's" made me decide to post some picks of my Chinese D Model so future SKS owner will know what a D Model looks like.

The D Model SKS came in 2 major configurations, the full size carbine and the paratrooper, and those came either with the bayo or without, and either with the srtipper clip guide in the bolt or without. This one is in the full size carbine with the bayonet but is lacking the stripper clip guide in the bolt.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
martin08

Re: Chinese D Model SKS

Post by martin08 »

Nice, and much less common than the SKS-M. The SKS-D grew out of the Type-84 and Midwest conversion designs.

(please do an old SKS guru a favor, and flip that sling around!) :D
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I really like the D model. Had one a while back and didnt really appreciate it like I do now. Wish I still had it.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

martin08 wrote:Nice, and much less common than the SKS-M. The SKS-D grew out of the Type-84 and Midwest conversion designs.

(please do an old SKS guru a favor, and flip that sling around!) :D
Will do Matt, I am usually pretty anal about my slings, so I can't believe I missed this....... :beek:

Please forgive me kind sir. :vsad:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin