Swedish m96

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mitch5690

Swedish m96

Post by mitch5690 »

As far as mausers go, where do these fall? More sought after or pretty plan Jane? Someones trying to trade one for a mosin I have. What's there value roughly
fintowin

Re: Swedish m96

Post by fintowin »

Too many variables too consider. Is the Swede matching #s? Is the bore shootable? Some of these look kinda bad. What kind of mosin are you talking about?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

All even condition the swede is more valuable on the market. To a person it is relative. They run 300 and up. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

It's a 1904 ex dragoon an he says it's all matching
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Swedish Mausers are among the best to excellent shooters. I see them here for the $400.00 to $500.00 range. If the Mosin is one of the common years and can easily be replaced it would already be in the safe.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

But it was also my first mosin. But then again I paid twenty bucks for it hmmmmmm
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

A 1904 ex dragoon?????????? hell no don't trade that for craps sake. Not a fair trade at all. Just buy a swede. :shock:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Is it rare? I'm guessing a 1904 is more rare than I thought
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I wouldn't get rid of an 04 ex dragoon. The swede might be worth a little more, but you can buy a swede anywhere. Just my opinion.
Btw, my 1st mosin was a '26 ex dragoon.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Like everyone said Swedes are among the best quality ever and they never fought a war so most are in good shape.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

You should post pictures of the '04 or these guys wont believe you.
-George Washington
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think he did post in the mosin forum. You can get a swede anywhere, but an 04 ex dragoon is likely a one of a kind. :Drool1:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Several years of M96's are very rare, take a 1916 M96 with an elm stock, those can bring upwards of 6 to 700 bucks or more pending condition. When dealing with Swedish rifles, certain years/manufactures/features can be extremely rare, like finding a needle in a haystack, while the next one you find could be as common as a refurb Mosin.

Also, watching prices, some Mausers have slowly dropped in price, some models of Swede's slowly keep rising.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

That's one thing the 7.62x54r rarity scale needs to be updated. Like I you go by that any ex dragoon isn't a rare rifle. Lol I really wish I had a rifle tht was showcase worthy lol
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

If you ask me a 1904 ex dragoon is showcase worthy. It is very rare if you ask me. Not sure of the numbers but I would not trade that one. :D
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Well now I'm convinced to keep it
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: You can send it to me if you want. :thumbsup: Now watch a couple of crates of 1904s show up. :shock: :lol:
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

LOL that would be funny:p but then the odds of one that hasn't been refurbered in the 60's showing up in a crate is prob zero
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Maybe a tad higher then 0 but pretty close :thumbsup:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I'd keep the M/N for a couple of reasons. Primarily because it is your first and even more primarily ( :chuckles: ) because of what it is. I think the guy is trying to snooker you but is making the pot sweet to get you on that hook.

I got hosed that way on a sale of a shotgun because I did not know what I actually had one time and although I made money on the deal, the guy robbed me without using a gun.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain