Common Gun, Rare Stamps - Berndorfer, VKT

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Ironnewt

Re: Common Gun, Rare Stamps - Berndorfer, VKT

Post by Ironnewt »

You do very well finding Nice Rifles. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

finloq

Post by finloq »

Nice. I have a couple of SAKO stamped bolt parts, but have only seen 1 other VKT bolt head.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Great looking gun!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
martin08

Post by martin08 »

finloq wrote:Nice. I have a couple of SAKO stamped bolt parts, but have only seen 1 other VKT bolt head.
Yes. These seem to be about as uncommon as the Bear stamp. And it is a finely polished part, when compared to any Russian/Soviet bolt heads. The Finns always seem to make "upgrades" when developing new parts for the Mosin Nagant.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I have seen many arsenal stamps on many different bolt parts but I have never seen a bear on an M39! A recent one on an M91 sold around here for $700+. I would reclassify your estimation of it not being rare and say it is uber-rare! That is a winner no matter how you look at it! Just as an M39 it is very nice with great stampings but with that bear on there it really rings the bells and whistles. Congrats! Matt :D
cj1964

Post by cj1964 »

I recently bought an M39 that I discovered has a Chatellerault receiver. I thought that was a bit of a bonus, but a bear...?
That's awesome!! Congratulations! That stamp is so uncommon, many people - even some collectors - might not immediately recognize it's signifigance. I'm glad you were able to get back to the shop to grab it - and share it with us.
gurn

Post by gurn »

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful find! Thanks also for the info, now I will be on the lookout for bears!
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

gurn wrote:Thanks for sharing such a beautiful find! Thanks also for the info, now I will be on the lookout for bears!

Where I live you have to look out for bears all the time! Had one in the apple tree one night awhile back, tore the crap out of the tree and made a heck of a racket.

Sorry I could not stop myself! :oops: Bill
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Flyin Brian

Post by Flyin Brian »

Very nice, Martin. I have never seen the bear or a VKT bolt head, so yeah that is a pretty special piece there.
mosinowner

Post by mosinowner »

Looks like there may have been a mark above the bear where the circular depression is......any ideas?
Bugelson

Post by Bugelson »

mosinowner wrote:Looks like there may have been a mark above the bear where the circular depression is......any ideas?
The imperial eagle was there.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: NICE
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

mosinowner wrote:Looks like there may have been a mark above the bear where the circular depression is......any ideas?
Read, Read, and then read some more. God has hopefully blessed you with many more years to read and learn and hopefully has given you much more brain matter to absorb and pass this information on to others. I hope you are much younger than my 69 year old age and will use that younger and more vibrant brain of yours to learn and pass on to others that way we will keep this great hobby and sport growing and going. I get the feeling of really sinking fast here and being frustrated with my retention ability at my current age but hopefully you will more than pick up the slack and lead the way for others. After I have passed on I am willing myself to come back in ten years and see what you have all done to improve things and you better sweat it a bit because there will be a test!!!! :lol: Bill
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Imperial eagle was scrubbed off. Some still have them so you can tell what was there. . :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

Awesome find man.