AIM has more 9130's

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
m1guy

Re: AIM has more 9130's

Post by m1guy »

My 5 in the pack from Classic were from Century. For Classic to enter them in their book, they must open the master box, because the serial numbers are not on the outside. But they are on the individual boxes, so I believed them when they said they had not opened these. They would have no way of knowing if they were round, hex or whatever. But I'm sure Century has already done that picking.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BenedictGomez wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:I forgot, once the crate is shipped to the retailer like Aim, or Classic, or the local gunshop the rifles must be removed again and the serial numbers recorded in that dealers bound book, twice searched at a minimum.
So you're saying when the rifles come boxed and sealed from Classic (below pic, not mine), it was Classic that boxed them? I had assumed (like I think many do) that since Classic ships them boxed that that's how they receive them.

Also, what you're saying directly contradicts what they claim on their website (below):
Note - These rifles are coming to us pre-boxed so as of now we are not selecting for type of receiver or manufacturer....It is just too time consuming and makes too big of a mess to open all the boxes in search of a particular Mfg or receiver type. Also, the serial #'s are matched to the #'s printed on the outside of the box and we don't want to take a chance of creating
serial # issues by having the rifles out of their original boxes.
So.....uh..... are you basically saying Classic Firearms is full of ****? Inquiring minds want to know, as this is a pretty big shock to me if true. :big shock:

Any dealer, C&R, or 001, no matter how large or small must record the serial numbers of any modern weapon to come into their inventory within a day of getting it into their bound book, that's the law. Any rifle be it in a box or a crate to come in the door must be recorded and only a dealer who is an absolute fool would simply take the number off the outside of a box or a piece of paper and enter it into the book without a hands and eyes on the actual rifle to verify that it is correct. There are no unsearched boxes, not to be 100% accurate about the firearms entered into the bound book can lead to loss of FFL, and even prison.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Did you ever notice how many stapled and unopened boxes a dealer will bring out to you for you to look at? I rest my case! Many dealers and sellers never look in the box and use the master list of the order to log rifles in. They are not all as careful as we may be unfortunately. Our next pride and joy is just something they need to sell to stay in business. Even during inspections many agents take the numbers off the box and never look what is inside the box. I have witnessed this many times. They will often do there inspections quietly right off the master list or box which ever is easier for them and believe me dealers want to make it quick and easy. Bill
Darth_Rancor

Post by Darth_Rancor »

Cabelas in Hammond Indiana has some 91/30s left for $129, but I'm not sure about shipping.
graphic914

Post by graphic914 »

was just at my local range, they had a Mosin foe $300, I said they were crazy, their comback-in a couple of years they can get this
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

zeebill wrote:Did you ever notice how many stapled and unopened boxes a dealer will bring out to you for you to look at? I rest my case! Many dealers and sellers never look in the box and use the master list of the order to log rifles in. They are not all as careful as we may be unfortunately. Our next pride and joy is just something they need to sell to stay in business. Even during inspections many agents take the numbers off the box and never look what is inside the box. I have witnessed this many times. They will often do there inspections quietly right off the master list or box which ever is easier for them and believe me dealers want to make it quick and easy. Bill
They are SUPPOSED to open each one & record the serial from the gun itself at the point of acquisition. No way would I ever allow such laxity in following proper procedure regarding verification of arms. I've seen lots of guns at LGS & everyone that came to the counter in a box had previously been opened. I find it very hard to believe that an FFL would not take these steps & just copy the info off an invoice. :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
NETNshawn

Post by NETNshawn »

Out of curiosity I emailed AIM and ask what the crate cost was. Here is the reply I got:

We are currently offering basic round receiver Mosin 91/30s by the crate (there will be no hex guns or anything uncommon/rare). The deal is $119.95/gun for 20 guns, plus shipping via truck.

So as mentioned in this thread AIM is pulling out all of the unique rifles and listing them on their own for more $$.