Lost Bid on Chatellerault Mosin 1895

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
davesstuff1

Lost Bid on Chatellerault Mosin 1895

Post by davesstuff1 »

Most recent {09/22/2013} Gun Auction I made a bid of $1,001.00 for a 1895 Mosin - Chatelerault. However the Big Boys that carry the matches moved in and made the final bid of $1,875.00. There where a total of 50 bids. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

DIscribed as: Auction is for a Very Rare 1891 French Chatellerault Mosin nagant dated 1895,numbers don't match,bore is a little dark but still has good rifling,only 500,000 were made,very nice condition with nice solid wood with no damage or cracks,metal is original with lots of blue remaining,has a tiny inport mark on the bottom of the barrel,no FFL or C+R needed on this one ships directly to buyer,i very rarely see these for sale
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
qz2026

Re: Lost Bid on Chatellerault Mosin 1895

Post by qz2026 »

I noticed that you were outbid. :very mad: I was watching that rifle too just to see what it would go for. I'm not surprised it went for so much and am also not surprised that a newbie ran the price up. Too much for me. :angry4:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shit happens, you will find one eventually in the back corner of some out of the way junk/gun/pawn shop or tag sale with an owner who has no clue what it is. People get carried away on the internet auction sites, but in reality there is a huge quantity of this stuff out there, sold for less than fifty bucks back in '90 all over the country, only a tiny percentage of it ever shows on gunbroker.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Crazy money Good luck next time :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

I was so "within" my M-44 find I forggot about that one,...Dam...I really was going to go much higher then that price . Those could have been my pictures .... :angry4: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
tinknocker104

Post by tinknocker104 »

qz2026 wrote:I noticed that you were outbid. :very mad: I was watching that rifle too just to see what it would go for. I'm not surprised it went for so much and am also not surprised that a newbie ran the price up. Too much for me. :angry4:

I wonder if shills are employed for raising bids? I.E. real estate auctions.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

It's a nice rifle, but that selling price I would guess is the high end for one, that's a chunk of change for that one.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
gurn

Post by gurn »

I will pick me up one some day for @ $100 from a bone head wandering around a gun show with no idea what he has. Thats how I got my M91rv, but on that one I had no idea what it was till later. Like JYD said, there are still a lot to be found out there. I love the hunt!
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

It must be a shame to have more money than brains.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Look at the bright side. You still have your 1001.00 :P