M95 Mannlicher

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Chrome Moly Vampire

M95 Mannlicher

Post by Chrome Moly Vampire »

I'm considering buying an M95 Mannlicher rifle from Century. They have listed the Hungarian and the Austrian model carbines. Is there any significant difference between the two? I admit I'm clueless, but I like the looks of this rifle.

Thanks in advance.
"I never miss a chance to provide joy and/or erotic thoughts to the elderly"
~Floran~
54r man

Re: M95 Mannlicher

Post by 54r man »

The m95 isn't my "thing" but I believe the Austrian is of the less common variety, or is it the Hungarian? Well like I said the M95 isn't my thing and I hope more knowledgable people on the subject come and help you out.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

I would go for the Budapest, simply because I have the Steyr M95, seriously though I'm not sure of the quality difference between the two. For the price they're pretty neat carbines, and they kick like a guvment mule. :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I prefer the Budapest marked rifles. I have one of each but the budas have the high front sight usually, making it easier to shoot without the Kentucky windage. Which ever you go with they are great rifles. Very fun to shoot and lots of history also. :thumbsup: :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

I have a Budapest M95.... Just make sure you get one. Not my most expensive rifle but probably the one I like shooting the most.