sniper in the Syrian civil war

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
eriktgreat68

sniper in the Syrian civil war

Post by eriktgreat68 »

while on sky news reading about Syria I found this image of a rebel sniper, I wish I could view the rifle better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1940 Tula m91/30
desdem12

Re: sniper in the Syrian civil war

Post by desdem12 »

Could be a modified PU mount
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Bugelson

Post by Bugelson »

Nice cheekweld there...
neorebel

Post by neorebel »

Nice cheek weld....lol....they're going to loose for sure,
54r man

Post by 54r man »

neorebel wrote:Nice cheek weld....lol....they're going to loose for sure,
But then again compare their equipment to the vietcongs, and we were sure we would win then.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He got rid of the commie optics, that shows some real smarts. These people are not f***in around on the target range with their surplus shooters, they are engaged in a life or death struggle for real. I bet that man knows how to use that rifle, if I was forced to take the PU to war I would be looking to swap out the antiquated second rate commie optics for a nice modern western style scope.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I'd bet its not an RGuns sniper. :chuckles: he have that scope mounted high enough. And could he pick a position any worse than that? Exposed on the flank. Obvious vantage point and not toward the back of the room.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Posed photo for stupid western press photographer.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Neat Picture :attn: :attn: :attn:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

Just another Bubba and his Mosin.
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

neorebel wrote:Nice cheek weld....lol....they're going to loose for sure,
If he pulls the trigger like that, he wont do it again a second time!

Junk Yard Dog wrote:He got rid of the commie optics, that shows some real smarts.
All it shows me is he knows it's not 1951 anymore.

Junk Yard Dog wrote: I bet that man knows how to use that rifle, if I was forced to take the PU to war I would be looking to swap out the antiquated second rate commie optics for a nice modern western style scope.
My shot in the dark is that it's a staged propaganda photo given how he's holding the rifle. He's not even remotely close to something resembling a firing position, so all his "scouring the landscape" is completely useless.
Last edited by BenedictGomez on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

My theory has always been to mount the scope as close to the bore as possible and adjust the scope for maximum eye relief. This person ain't following my philosophy.

EDIT: Not sure it is a "he." Could be a woman....
54r man

Post by 54r man »

I have SEEN(from pics) many m91/30 snipers in Syria with modern optics, none w/ PUs or PEMs.
Last edited by 54r man on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

54r man wrote:I have many m91/30 snipers in Syria with modern optics, none w/ PUs or PEMs.
You supplying the rebels? :vconfused:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

I kept this from the paper the other day. Very similar , although this guy has much better cover. Terrible shooting position though. They must have gone to the same sniper school...
syrian.jpg
[/font]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim

Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:

Ok,..What kind of Mosin is that.. and are they re-stamping them with Arbic letters? ? Judi and her Mosins ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I tell you what,.... :brolleyes: .......if that rifle has 'modern optics' I'll bet a marksman can still whack some ass out past 600+. 7.62x54 147 grn steel core round headed downstream at 2700 fps and you got yourself an 'evil-dooer' eliminator. This is a SEARIOUS round in the right hands, just ask the Finns :thumbsup: .
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
54r man

Post by 54r man »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:
54r man wrote:I have many m91/30 snipers in Syria with modern optics, none w/ PUs or PEMs.
You supplying the rebels? :vconfused:
Key info added to original post.
54r man

Post by 54r man »

TopperT wrote:I tell you what,.... :brolleyes: .......if that rifle has 'modern optics' I'll bet a marksman can still whack some ass out past 600+. 7.62x54 147 grn steel core round headed downstream at 2700 fps and you got yourself an 'evil-dooer' eliminator. This is a SEARIOUS round in the right hands, just ask the Finns :thumbsup: .
I for one would not want to be in an m91/30's sight picture. Wonder what ammo thier using? LPS or new production? Well we do arm al queada with only the finest...
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

ffeng31 wrote: Terrible shooting position though. They must have gone to the same sniper school...

I'm gonna go with "propaganda photo" on this one too. I'm not even sure he's gonna remain on that seat if he pulls the trigger!