Albanian steel case, how much?

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
54r man

Albanian steel case, how much?

Post by 54r man »

So I have some Albanianian steel case x54r, how much is it worth? I have heard the steel case is rarer than the brass case stuff?
Ironnewt

Re: Albanian steel case, how much?

Post by Ironnewt »

I hate to burst your bubble but most surplus is either steel case or "Copper washed" Steel case. A lot of the "Modern" commercial stuff especially Russian is steel case as well.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Ironnewt wrote:I hate to burst your bubble but most surplus is either steel case or "Copper washed" Steel case. A lot of the "Modern" commercial stuff especially Russian is steel case as well.
Albania did use brass cases, I've got a sealed tin and a whole lot of loose brass cased Albanian ammo. Both steel and brass cases are lacquer coated, their steel cased ammo is not copper washed.

As for the price, I would say maybe slightly above average for a tin or case if still sealed up, mainly for the collector value. The brass stuff never was my favorite, split necks, loose bullets dented cases, alot of others have had similar issues. I don't know much on the quality of the steel cased ammo other than it is pretty uncommon to find it compared to the brass stuff.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I've never run across any Albanian ammo that I'm aware of. Bulgarian, Russian, Chechen, Chinese, yes but not Albanian. Can you post a picture?
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

bunkysdad wrote:I've never run across any Albanian ammo that I'm aware of. Bulgarian, Russian, Chechen, Chinese, yes but not Albanian. Can you post a picture?
Here is the Albanian brass case stuff, note the high quality of manufacturing :roll: :lol: and my remaining sealed ammo tin of Albanian brass cased ammo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It's on strippers like my Chinese except the Chinese has brass strippers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I stand corrected and sit down to a hearty helping of humble pie. :redfaced:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

bunkysdad wrote:It's on strippers like my Chinese except the Chinese has brass strippers.
The strippers were the ones included with the 300 round tins of Russian surplus ammo.
I gotta find a few Chinese x54r rounds for the collection, I've got several different Chinese x39 boxes and rounds, even some .308 Norinco, but no x54r.
Ironnewt wrote:I stand corrected and sit down to a hearty helping of humble pie. :redfaced:
Pass the Coolwhip, I've had a few pieces myself. :lol: :thumbsup: Given the Albanian stuff is not common as it was years ago, it's pretty much more or less a collectors item now. And with the amount of steel cased copper washed stuff floating around, this stuff takes a big backseat.
54r man

Post by 54r man »

bunkysdad wrote:I've never run across any Albanian ammo that I'm aware of. Bulgarian, Russian, Chechen, Chinese, yes but not Albanian. Can you post a picture?
I forgot to put key info in my post, I was asking for a friend. It's not mine to post. But it is Albanian because I had the chance to handle some.