Enfield mk I*

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
fintowin

Enfield mk I*

Post by fintowin »

I just bought an Enfield with the marking shtle bsa MK I* 1907. is this anything special?
I will try to get pic up on sight, need to know how.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
etprescottazusa91

Re: Enfield mk I*

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

YES! :wow: We need to see this rifle now!
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Pics will be needed, good ones, sounds like something good all right.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I have a pic on my phone. how do I get on here?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

PM sent.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I still dint know how to post a picture. The rifle appears to be complete with matching numbers. cr1641 ser. no. with F painted on side of buttstock. has volley sights intact. No import mark. Help me get pics up, man
-George Washington
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You can email me the pic and I will post it for you. I sent you a PM with my email addy.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Dont' keep me in suspense, show the pics!!!!
We have met the enemy and he is us.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I don't know why, but the pm you sent me does not show up in my inbox
-George Washington
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

:British:We want to see this Enfield :British:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Get some good pictures, as many as you can. Not some cheesy blurry phone picture. Unless you have a good phone. Do your WWI rifle proud. :thumbsup:
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Having trouble getting images to post. I'm working on it. Any advice?
-George Washington
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Sounds interesting :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

fintowin

Post by fintowin »

My images were too big. This should work:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-George Washington
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Here is full photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-George Washington
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Fintowin, that is definitely a beauty, and a real plus that it hasn't ben refinished. Just beautiful.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Looking Good :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Here is the rest.
-George Washington
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Final three
-George Washington