Got busted...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
milmike

Re: Got busted...

Post by milmike »

Well the wife in Dec of 2012 the wife bought me my first long gun and today my collection sits at 19.and as well she recommended the purchaseof my safe. :) Thank god for a g :D reat girl.
Patient957

Post by Patient957 »

This happened to me the other weekend. Had my new SKS in the garage. Wife happened to see it. When I told her I had to pickup my Suomi M31 from the FFL she says "well what is that in the garage, isn't that the new one?". Busted! I had proceeded under the faulty assumption that all military rifles look the same to her. Perhaps it was the bayonet. Oh well, when I explained the great deal I got on it she didn't mind any longer. I see it this way. I purchased a piece of history that will do nothing but appreciate in value that cost less than $200. She got her hair done for 100 plus...
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Everytime I hear of a woman spending that much on their hair I cringe. Luckily my wife is a stylist so no huge bills like that for me haha. And I get free haircuts too :D. My wife is pretty good about this stuff. She hasn't gotten upset with me with any I have purchased. But I haven't tried to sneak around her to get them either :) .
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

Gsragtop wrote:Ohhh am I sensing a good match between JYD and Judi?? Perhaps the very first RMNF wedding :chuckles: :shifty: :chuckles:

No,....JYD would not like me....

Image :soapbox: ...Why have you not cleaned my Polish,....
:soapbox: ....When you going to clean the cousin's,...
:soapbox: ......When you going to move the ammo cases,...
:soapbox: .......I goning to LG's, get that safe cleaned.....
:soapbox: ......Whats this charge for beer on the credit card,...I was going by more ammo...!
:soapbox: ........Just recieved a shipment in, I am busy trying to find a pre 1900 or a Cossack.....

No,...I'd drive any of you crazy, beside I'd own half YOUR collection. ......

:soapbox: Why do you think that women cannot tell the diffrence in the rifles ? Maybe you should talk her into helping you clean them,...let her name one or two. Seems like I am going to a gun show and my friends are going to "have lunch". I am use to the cat calls as I lug a new Mosin home. My friends husband took a picture of me holding my Ex-Dragoon 1927r Mosin, the Mosin with the baayonet on is taller then me. They made Christmas cards for me of that picture. I would love as a kid wondering all over my Dad's "gun room", looking at all his WW2 stuff.

Get your wife interested in the hobby, just don't make fun of her if the question is easy for you. Thaat makes most women not even talk about it. Try it....Judi and her Mosins.... ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Captthundarr wrote:My wife encourages my affections. Gotta love that.
The problem with that is you get my wife who says "and where the hell is mine!?" Thus I can honestly tell any cop or government agent with all honesty I own no guns...ask my wife there all hers lol. Just like the truck I let her drive it once now it's hers!
As they say the pen is mightier than the sword...however that also means the pen is far more dangerous than the sword. The sword can take your life or your limb but can not take your freedom, the pen can. A wary patriot watches the pen as it can steal his freedom. The wary patriot knows he can use the pen to take power from those who wish to use the pen for evil, but keeps his rifle close by his side "just in case"!
bws

Post by bws »

BuckeyeSgt wrote::worthless:

You will get no further help from us....cookies and punch are in the back.
Buckeye,

I had to give your post some special thought, as my side still aches a little from the belly laugh I got last night.

Yes, it is my fault for getting busted. I must be losing my 'ninja-like' skills now that I'm approaching middle age, or the age of my second childhood. And I really have to thank you for suggesting the disease defense, as that one may just work, and since it would fall under the categorization of mental health, much harder to prove as just an addiction. So I humbly bow to your brilliance.

Pictures are forthcoming as I just got her on the bench last night and I'm trying to recover all the cosmoline I can, for the new air freshener I'm making for my truck.

From what I've been able to see, so far, this thing is absolutely beautiful. and us certainly much nicer than both of the Izhmashs I already have. I don't see any of the machining marks on the Tula that cover the other two. And the stock, while evidently repaired shows very little wear and tear, so once I get her all cleaned up and put back together, I'm looking forward to putting up some pix.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Lately it has been real easy for me. Hit 5k on slots. She gets half. I buy guns. Got a check from a trust I didn't know was coming. Gave her half. Bought a gun. I'm losing my ass here arn't I? At least I come in going, "hey babe look what I got". :biggrin: I'm really not sure if this is working out in my favor or hers....I may have to rethink this telling her I got any money part.
Never try to pull the wool over her eyes when it comes to money coming in. You are a smart man to split it with her. :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Rongo wrote:What drives them crazy the most is all that senseless sneaking around. Buy the gun, march it in the house and act as though it's no big thing. :twisted:
That's what I do all the time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JYD, When did one of your cats complain? :chuckles:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ironnewt wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Rongo wrote:What drives them crazy the most is all that senseless sneaking around. Buy the gun, march it in the house and act as though it's no big thing. :twisted:
That's what I do all the time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JYD, When did one of your cats complain? :chuckles:
Only when I come home past their feeding time, and they have been waiting, little bastards are outside anyway so I don't have to listen to them :twisted:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:
Gsragtop wrote:Ohhh am I sensing a good match between JYD and Judi?? Perhaps the very first RMNF wedding :chuckles: :shifty: :chuckles:

:soapbox: ......Whats this charge for beer on the credit card,...I was going by more ammo...!
:soapbox: ........Just recieved a shipment in, I am busy trying to find a pre 1900 or a Cossack.....

:soapbox: Why do you think that women cannot tell the diffrence in the rifles ? Maybe you should talk her into helping you clean them,...let her name one or two. Seems like I am going to a gun show and my friends are going to "have lunch". I am use to the cat calls as I lug a new Mosin home. My friends husband took a picture of me holding my Ex-Dragoon 1927r Mosin, the Mosin with the baayonet on is taller then me. They made Christmas cards for me of that picture. I would love as a kid wondering all over my Dad's "gun room", looking at all his WW2 stuff.

Get your wife interested in the hobby, just don't make fun of her if the question is easy for you. Thaat makes most women not even talk about it. Try it....Judi and her Mosins.... ;mywink;
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: At this point in life marriage is the last thing on my mind, :lol: :lol: I don't take well to nagging, and I love leaving ammo/guns/car parts/last nights paper plates/ yet to be unpacked groceries, and five weeks of mail piled up on the kitchen table pretty much all the time.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Judi and her Mosins wrote:

:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: At this point in life marriage is the last thing on my mind, :lol: :lol: I don't take well to nagging, and I love leaving ammo/guns/car parts/last nights paper plates/ yet to be unpacked groceries, and five weeks of mail piled up on the kitchen table pretty much all the time.

:soapbox:
At this point in life Mosin's are the first thing on my mind, :lol: :lol: I don't take well to not finding a good Mosin I want and I love leaving ammo/guns/last nights take out, if the doggies don't find it./ yet to be opened emails from "fashion stores", and showing off my Mosins piled up on the kitchen table pretty much all the time. If you don't know the diffrence between beer and rifle don't call me. I print out all the pictures of Mosin's that I will find. Posting them as wanted posters around my house, and I really enjoy a a good Mosin youtube video before bedtime,....anyone beside me name their Mosins..? Or am I the "odd one here? ;mywink; Judi and her Mosins
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Cosmoline guy

Post by Cosmoline guy »

What to do when the wife is pissed about your new rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEcf2KygHEo
gurn

Post by gurn »

Hmmm.. I'm sensing something happening here. JYD, that bit about her guns all over her table made you raise an eye brow now didn't it? :tongue: Hey and you never know her dogs and your cats may get along just great. :chuckles: Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's just to cute. :biggrin:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I don't have a wife to not like my stuff. My son is the one that tries to get to me. I just tell him, " It's simple kid, I don't have one with that serial number.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

gurn wrote:Hmmm.. I'm sensing something happening here. JYD, that bit about her guns all over her table made you raise an eye brow now didn't it? :tongue: Hey and you never know her dogs and your cats may get along just great. :chuckles: Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's just to cute. :biggrin:
I don't leave Mosins on the table, at the moment I have a .357 magnum revolver, and a Stevens Browning 620 12 gauge on the table. The shotgun is still being worked on, the revolver is there because I am sitting here. 99% of my milsurp collection is packed away in cosmoline storage for safety from humidity, I just don't have time for constant gun cleaning if they were out. There is also a Model A Ford Zenith carb sitting on the table, it's been there since I brought it home from the swap meet in May, it will probably be there all winter, but at least it's clean, no greasy mess.
Theodore Roosevelt
bws

Post by bws »

Well, as promised, here's the picture after the first clean up.

Excuse the messy desk.
751d6455.jpg
panorama2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That is not a messy desk :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt