New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

UV-MAN wrote:Hi,
My name is Fred aka UV-MAN.
I don't have a Mosin yet but I'm looking for a M91/30 sniper (a real one).
I hope to learn enough to get a nice one.
thanks,
Fred
Welcome to the board Fred :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rapptastic1337

Post by Rapptastic1337 »

Hey all, I was thinking about buying my first gun and due to a ton of conversations with my buddies, I could not pass up the Mosin. Just 5 minutes research on it left me amazed and addicted. 1929 Hex Receiver. I get to fire her for the first time today. Definitely, already want another one. Looking forward to finding out all the little details.
Fear is the little mind-killer.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rapptastic1337 wrote:Hey all, I was thinking about buying my first gun and due to a ton of conversations with my buddies, I could not pass up the Mosin. Just 5 minutes research on it left me amazed and addicted. 1929 Hex Receiver. I get to fire her for the first time today. Definitely, already want another one. Looking forward to finding out all the little details.
Welcome to the board, be sure to do your homework and check the headspace before firing it, and learn up on how to properly clean that weapon. Let us know how it goes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

New to the forum and Mosins. Having problems with my M44, but that’s another thread. Also, tried uploading an avatar, but the site kept telling me my avatar was smaller than the requirements. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, bought my M44 last week and it’s a blast to shoot, but has serious problems.
Gary
WIll Fly for Food... and More Ammo
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

wingspar wrote:New to the forum and Mosins. Having problems with my M44, but that’s another thread. Also, tried uploading an avatar, but the site kept telling me my avatar was smaller than the requirements. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, bought my M44 last week and it’s a blast to shoot, but has serious problems.
wingspar,

Welcome to the forums and we hope you have fun here. I have always said I was going to change that stupid setting about too small an avatar (60 x 60 or under). Just never got around to it. So I just did, it's now 10 pixels x 10 pixels. It has to be something, and that seems to be the minimum it will take......... so try it again!

Dolk
54r man

Post by 54r man »

So I missed this thread last night...so Im here. I'm a member over at gunboards and heard good things about this forum so I figured I would give it a try.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

54r man wrote:So I missed this thread last night...so Im here. I'm a member over at gunboards and heard good things about this forum so I figured I would give it a try.
Welcome to the Forum 54r :thumbsup:
Good bunch of guys and a few gals here. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
54r man

Post by 54r man »

Thanks!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

wingspar wrote:New to the forum and Mosins. Having problems with my M44, but that’s another thread. Also, tried uploading an avatar, but the site kept telling me my avatar was smaller than the requirements. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, bought my M44 last week and it’s a blast to shoot, but has serious problems.
Welcome to the board, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

54r man wrote:So I missed this thread last night...so Im here. I'm a member over at gunboards and heard good things about this forum so I figured I would give it a try.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
imfletcher

Post by imfletcher »

Hi All

New member here, I own 2 91/30's, an M-44 and an M-91/59. I am just getting started in collecting Mosin's and look forward to learning much from everybody here.

Thanks,

Pat
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

imfletcher wrote:Hi All

New member here, I own 2 91/30's, an M-44 and an M-91/59. I am just getting started in collecting Mosin's and look forward to learning much from everybody here.

Thanks,

Pat
Welcome to the board Pat :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

dolk wrote:wingspar,

Welcome to the forums and we hope you have fun here. I have always said I was going to change that stupid setting about too small an avatar (60 x 60 or under). Just never got around to it. So I just did, it's now 10 pixels x 10 pixels. It has to be something, and that seems to be the minimum it will take......... so try it again!

Dolk
Thanks for the welcome. I have already learned a lot about my Mosin in just a short period of time. Well worth joining.

As for the avatar, with a fresh brain this morning, I turned of a security program I have, and it uploaded fine. :)
Gary
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Welcome to the board, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you. :)
Gary
billythreefeathers

Post by billythreefeathers »

Hello all,, new mosin owner from Saskatchewan, Canada,, that's the big empty space north of the USA. Haven't owned my Mosin very long, but it's in pristine condition, 1943 Izhevsk. I have a few other guns but the Mosin is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

billythreefeathers wrote:Hello all,, new mosin owner from Saskatchewan, Canada,, that's the big empty space north of the USA. Haven't owned my Mosin very long, but it's in pristine condition, 1943 Izhevsk. I have a few other guns but the Mosin is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Welcome to the board, lot of Canadians around here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
54r man

Post by 54r man »

billythreefeathers wrote:Hello all,, new mosin owner from Saskatchewan, Canada,, that's the big empty space north of the USA. Haven't owned my Mosin very long, but it's in pristine condition, 1943 Izhevsk. I have a few other guns but the Mosin is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Welcome! On a serious note I think you need an intervention before you end up with an uncurable diesease called "mosinitis". Once you get it lasts forever....or until you run out of safe room! :D
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

54r man wrote:
Welcome! On a serious note I think you need an intervention before you end up with an uncurable diesease called "mosinitis". Once you get it lasts forever....or until you run out of safe room! :D
Running out of Safe Room will not stop Mosinitis, Ask me how I know. :big shock:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Steinmeister

Post by Steinmeister »

Hi, I am Steinmeister, new to this forum. I own several surplus rifles to include M38 Mosin Nagant, SMLE #3 Mk 4 Ishapore, Kar 98A Mauser, and several SKS's. Always looking for interesting information and banter.
mikefromphoebus

Newguy with a Mosin

Post by mikefromphoebus »

Hello from Charlotte, NC. I acquired my first Mosin recently. It's a 1925 Tula with a hex receiver and a post-war stock. I can't wait to fire this beast.