I don't think I'm addicted...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
notsofastbud

I don't think I'm addicted...

Post by notsofastbud »

to Mosins <read: buying/owning). Two is enough for now but I will continue to look. Given finances and time, I have too many other collectables (M1?, K98?) to add to my collection before another Mosin. And then of course there's the modern items on my list.

However, I believe I am addicted to this forum. Nice to visit and check out all the neat Mosin examples and share their owners joy, heartaches and questions/answers.

I do have the 2 Mosins, a Yugo SKS, a 1943 Walther P38 and a Mauser 1910 pocket pistol.

jimB
1929 Izhevsk "Hex" Ex-Dragoon 91/30
1935 Tula "Hex" 91/30
1943 Tula PU Sniper 91/30
1941 VKT M91
MarksmanTim

Re: I don't think I'm addicted...

Post by MarksmanTim »

Good luck to you sir. But I think you will quickly find that instead of that M1 you could buy 2 really nice Finn's. Or instead of a K98 you could get a few M91/30's! Oh the history of those rifles! :twisted: :twisted:
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
notsofastbud

Post by notsofastbud »

MarksmanTim wrote:Good luck to you sir. But I think you will quickly find that instead of that M1 you could buy 2 really nice Finn's. Or instead of a K98 you could get a few M91/30's! Oh the history of those rifles! :twisted: :twisted:
Point taken.

jimB
1935 Tula "Hex" 91/30
1941 VKT M91
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am told that a Meth addiction would be easier to quit than a milsurp one :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

If you're not addicted yet we haven't done a very good job here.
Buy more Mosens. I mean eat more cikin. Buy buy buy. :devil2:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Buy what comes available no matter what it is and then you will be very happily addicted. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I am told that a Meth addiction would be easier to quit than a milsurp one :lol:
It's a whole lot more expensive and I'd be dead if I was on Meth, but collecting Milsurp is a decades old habit, which is hard to break. :thumbsup:
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

My collection started with an M1 Garand from the CMP. Now I keep coming across reasonably priced milsurps from time to time, and I just can't stop. You have some nice ones, and are off to a great start.

It's fun walking into a store, and finding one here and one there. Takes time, but it's sure worth it to me.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I sure would like to have a M1. I could have a M1 fund but would deplete it when a nice M39 or M1891 came my way.
bws

Post by bws »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I am told that a Meth addiction would be easier to quit than a milsurp one :lol:
That is a very astute observation, sir. In the past few years, I've acquired bits and pieces for various weapons, as well as discovered an unknown love for these old rifles. After the last two, the wife told me that if I bring anymore home, she'll leave me. I found a really beautiful Tula with an almost pristine laminated stock at Dunham's. It's on layaway. God I'm going to miss her.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

bws wrote:
That is a very astute observation, sir. In the past few years, I've acquired bits and pieces for various weapons, as well as discovered an unknown love for these old rifles. After the last two, the wife told me that if I bring anymore home, she'll leave me. I found a really beautiful Tula with an almost pristine laminated stock at Dunham's. It's on layaway. God I'm going to miss her.
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:

After the first dozen or so they don't even pay attention to them cause "they all look the same?" :wink:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bws

Post by bws »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:
bws wrote:
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:

After the first dozen or so they don't even pay attention to them cause "they all look the same?" :wink:
Wives or rifles?
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

There is no way I'd have a dozen wives....no way. Or even two. So rifles. :lol:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bws

Post by bws »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:There is no way I'd have a dozen wives....no way. Or even two. So rifles. :lol:
ok I just got a visual of my wife with 11 identical twins. That's another 5k I can throw away on more therapy. Driving anywhere would be a nightmare, even if we were the only car on the road. I have to stop thinking of all the scenarios and implications, otherwise I'll wake up screaming tonight.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I told my wife I'd never cheat. Why would I want to disappoint 2 women?
notsofastbud

Post by notsofastbud »

notsofastbud wrote:to Mosins <read: buying/owning). Two is enough for now but I will continue to look.
OK
OK
OOOOOK

I admit it.

I am in denial

I gotz tha dazeeze.

Mosin, Mosin, Mosin

The princess is going to be po'd.

jimB
1935 Tula "Hex" 91/30
1941 VKT M91
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Welcome to the po'd princess club.
:thumbsup:
gurn

Post by gurn »

Our addiction wont put sores all over your face and rot your teeth out. For one guy I know it turned out to be healthy as he stopped smoking and drinking so he could afford more guns. I guess I'm lucky because my wife enjoys all the little details of each gun and somehow remembers them. :biggrin:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
notsofastbud

Post by notsofastbud »

notsofastbud wrote:
notsofastbud wrote:to Mosins <read: buying/owning). Two is enough for now but I will continue to look.
OK
OK
OOOOOK

I admit it.

I am in denial

I gotz tha dazeeze.

Mosin, Mosin, Mosin

jimB
Hmmm...

Tough choice today. Start cleaning the second MN still in the grease or take the princess to the fair?

Gee, I hope I have enough orange cleaner.

jimB
Last edited by notsofastbud on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1935 Tula "Hex" 91/30
1941 VKT M91
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

notsofastbud wrote:
OK
OK
OOOOOK

I admit it.

I am in denial

I gotz tha dazeeze.

Mosin, Mosin, Mosin

jimB
There you go, now you can start recovery. Step 1 is to admit you have a problem. Step 2 is to buy another Mosin. Step 3 is to repeat step 2 as needed.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus