Arisaka Type 99

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mike_mays

Arisaka Type 99

Post by mike_mays »

Hey guys just picked up a very nice type 99 today and just a questions that I cant seem to find an answer to. I looked up the markings and its a Nagoya 10 series rifle. Any idea around what year the 10th series were produced?
desdem12

Re: Arisaka Type 99

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My books with that information are buried so deep it would take me weeks to find them, but if I recall there was at least one website that had that information, I lost the link.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

mike_mays wrote:Hey guys just picked up a very nice type 99 today and just a questions that I cant seem to find an answer to. I looked up the markings and its a Nagoya 10 series rifle. Any idea around what year the 10th series were produced?
Lets see some pics..
mike_mays

Post by mike_mays »

Sorry about not uploading sooner!

BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I can't make out series markings but I'd say 1944 or later since it is a simple rear sight. It looks like it is in great condition besides the Mum being defaced. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I believe series 10 started late 44 early 1945. Nice condition, bolt match?

(How about a pic of the safety cocking knob, I want to compare yours to a different series 10 rifle)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
mike_mays

Post by mike_mays »

Here are more pics. I took a better picture of the series mark. It looks like series 10 but im not 100% positive.

The bolt appears to be all matching but im fairly certain it isnt original to the rifle.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Nice Rifle :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Very nice!
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Nice looking Arisaka! Looks like it has the last ditch wooden buttplate too.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
etprescottazusa91

etprescottazusa91 wrote:I believe series 10 started late 44 early 1945. Nice condition, bolt match?

(How about a pic of the safety cocking knob, I want to compare yours to a different series 10 rifle)

Thanks for the safety knob pic, the weld is what I needed to see. :thumbsup:

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
mike_mays

Post by mike_mays »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:
etprescottazusa91 wrote:I believe series 10 started late 44 early 1945. Nice condition, bolt match?

Anything significant about the weld? Im new Jap rifles and interested in learning more!
etprescottazusa91

mike_mays wrote:
etprescottazusa91 wrote:

Anything significant about the weld? I'm new Jap rifles and interested in learning more!
Is your bolt numbered to your rifle? Reason I ask is this, I have a Nagoya series 10 with the bolt, extractor and firing pin all matching the last three of the serial number though the cocking piece I found out was correct for a Type 38 and not matching. I was told I should have a welded cocking/safety knob. My series 10 is a high number and has the welded bolt handle, your rifle is a lower number in the series and has the plum handle yet has a welded knob. So I'm curious, does that bolt match?

Adolph Hitler – 1933
mike_mays

Post by mike_mays »

Bolt doesnt match the rifle
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

nice looking Arisaka. :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
etprescottazusa91

mike_mays wrote:Bolt doesnt match the rifle

Most do not, a lot of Arisaka's with non matching bolts and often non matching parts to the bolt.

Adolph Hitler – 1933