Good deal on a CZ50

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Capybara

Good deal on a CZ50

Post by Capybara »

Hi all:

I am on a road trip and found a decent condition CZ50 for $150.00. What can any of you tell me about this gun. Did a little research and people say to not feed it .32 ACP, that Euro or South American 7.65 will feed better. Are magazines expensive for it? Kind of blows the low price if I have to pay $40.00 for a spare magazine. Appreciate any input or advice you can give me about this gun.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Good deal on a CZ50

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice looking pistol. Looks like the little brother of the CZ52. Don't know about mags but all you have to do is Google them and see what they cost.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Saw a original on Ebay just now for 45.00, but aftermarket might be cheaper.
gurn

Post by gurn »

Good price on what you got. Mine feeds just fine with any .32acp Do a want add here in the trader for a mag and holster.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i have a cz70 and was told the cz50 is basically the same and my 70 feeds the .32s fine very fun gun to shoot
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I don't know any difference between .32 ACP and 7.65 Browning. As far as I know they are the same round. I have a CZ-70 that I bought in August and have put Remington, Fiocchi, and PPU 7.65 and .32 ACP. All fed without a hitch. The CZ-70 is only a slightly modififed CZ-50. Your CZ-50 should work fine with a variety of ammo, U.S. and European.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Sellier & Bellot (S&B) 7.65 Browning (.32acp) is loaded up a little hotter than domestic .32 acp and will work better in the CZ 50/CZ 70 pistols. My wartime production Mauser HSc likes the S&B better also, maybe they just like ammo that's closer to home. There is no difference between .32 acp and 7.65 Browning other that we call it .32 and the metric system Europeans call it 7.65

Your CZ has a CZ70 magazine on it, the CZ50 mags do not have the finger extension though either mag one will work in either model. When was yours manufactured?
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

bunkysdad wrote:Saw a original on Ebay just now for 45.00, but aftermarket might be cheaper.
Personally this is the way I would go(the original). You still have less than $200.00 invested. Very Nice Pistol :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

fintowin

Post by fintowin »

The cz 50 is a czhecholslovakian (spell?) Military pistol developed in 1950. CZ made some very reliable pistols. 150.00 is a pretty good price for it. I would have bought it no prob. I have a cz70 which is the same pistol with minor upgrades. I found an extra mag (original issue) for mine at a gun show for 10.00. Hang on to it - it will only go up in value.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)