Purrrrty '39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Chrome Moly Vampire

Purrrrty '39

Post by Chrome Moly Vampire »

Yes camera phones suck, and no, my crappy pictures don't do it justice. It's a lot more golden-y than it appears. Limited on space tonight. Maybe some outdoor shots tomorrow.

I pulled this out of the hat at a LGS. They have one representative rifle on the shelf. If you want to buy one, they just reach behind the counter and hand you a Century box. No choices. Here's your assigned rifle! For $139, what the hell. I rolled the dice and this is what I got.

Nothing special, I just thought it was snazzy. Century refurb with the usual 13 pounds of Shiz in and on it. Put the wood in the Toyota oven, the metal parts: degreaser, JB paste, 20 ga. brush, blah, blah, blah. Cleaned up nice. Force matched serial numbers stamped at the Goobaroo factory in the Ukraine.

The nice splice

Patches:

One

Two

Three

Four

Lovin' the knothole patch!

And finally, a little tang...

One weird thing. When I was cleaning out the inside of the receiver, I found a big splotch of black paint! It had made it through the 20 ga. brush on the cordless drill and I ended up having to use an angled pick to get it out. Thank goodness for bright flashlights. Can you imagine how sticky the bolt would have been?
Last edited by Chrome Moly Vampire on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I never miss a chance to provide joy and/or erotic thoughts to the elderly"
~Floran~
musketjon

Re: Purrrrty '39 - Another darn Mosin

Post by musketjon »

Nice score for luck of the draw.
Jon
shoto2758

Re: Purrrrty '39

Post by shoto2758 »

she's purty..with a nice clean tang.. : :wink:
cool patches.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
husker51

Post by husker51 »

That's a good purchase by my standards! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That trigger housing looks brand new! :)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Nice & not bad at all for luck of the draw. I like the repairs. :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice repairs all over it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)