M91 - 1891 - Hard Case - eBay listing

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
davesstuff1

M91 - 1891 - Hard Case - eBay listing

Post by davesstuff1 »

Check out 390643557433 eBay item number: 74" Hard case, well made with 4 locks. $79.00, with free shipping. Just received one for my Mint - New England Westinghouse... Great Quality & Price!!!
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
bb91

Re: M91 - 1891 - Hard Case - eBay listing

Post by bb91 »

Have we seen said Westinghouse? If not whats the holdup? :Drool1:
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Its in "Showcase"...
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dave, I currently have 55 auctions running on eBay for the business, not one of them is advertised here as eBay is not paying for advertising on this board, and it is against the rules to link to live auctions. Let this guy sell his own cases, it's a musket / shotgun case , these are all long enough to fit a M91 but I highly discourage using them for storage as they can trap moisture and promote rust. The silicone impregnated bore stores gun socks Cabela's sells are a much better option for storage, and with care in handling they are OK for transport as well, not to mention fit better in a car trunk.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Thank You... I bought one for myself... Did not mean to advertise for anyone... Just wanted to share what I thought was an Excellent & Cheap way to store a valuable Rifle... Sorry!!!
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Safes are for storage! Cases of any kind are for travelling and moving things about and I have never stored anything for any amount of time. I have no quams about any kind of case for travel but they have to be cheap and replaceable. The more expensive a case is the more closely a thief will look at it and target it. My buddy travels with his rifles in a zippered closed golf cart and has for years with no troubles at all. They are in gun socks or cloth cases inside of it too. Believe it or not he has travelled on airlines using it too. He keeps one club in there in case anyone wants to look in it. So much for the thoughts of airline security Huh? :lol: Bill
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Did not think about the rust problem with my rifle stored a in a air tight Hard Case... Thus I bought some Dry Packs, that change colors when they suck up moisture... I do not want a Gun Safe. Have 18 Mosin's in a 12 Rifle Cabinet that has a dehumidifier... My Crown Jewel the MINT Condition - New England Westinghouse is in the Hard Rifle Case... Want to keep it in mint condition... Rubber Gloves go on before anyone touches this Gem...
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
yarmouth1

Post by yarmouth1 »

I love the gun socks that Cabela's sells! An awesome blankie for my babies when they are laying in their crib sleeping...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Dave I imagine that you check that rifle fairly often anyway. Do you live in a dry climate? I had a black powder revolver once in a pistol rug and I left it in the trunk. That was the worst place in the world anyway, but when I checked on it after a few weeks the rust was so bad that in my anger I tossed it in the trash. It was bad. I rusted a Winchester shotgun barrel by leaving it in a soft case too. I am leary of all cases because of it, but if you live in a dry climate and check it often maybe you'll be ok.
Cwcoolcow

Post by Cwcoolcow »

I have 3 hard (plastic) rifle cases that spend most of their time empty and under the bed. I use them when I'm going to the state shooting range. I can lock each case and then cable lock all of them to the car since I don't have a trunk. Probably wont stop a determined thief, but maybe, just maybe it would slow them down a bit and get them seen. My M91 just fits into my CMP M1 Garand case. :-)