Judi and her Mosins....All five

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Judi and her Mosins

Judi and her Mosins....All five

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

Well, Not sure if these are worthy to be here. This is my first time at posting and I have so many questions. I will not ask them all today. I put up a thread in the Ammo section to get information if the ammo will fit my Mosins.....

I think they are speicial because they are mine first off. Now I thought I might had some thing on the two ex-Dragoons I have a Izhevsk & Tula 1927r "Hex" and the serial numbers are so close for being made in two diffrent places. At least I think they are diffrent I call them cousins. I also have two Izhevsk "rounds" 1942 & 1943. I also have a Polish Mosin a M-44. Someone toyed with the bayonet and it does not come off as the others. just folds to the side.

If you need better pictures I can PM them or if I am allowed I'll post them in this thread. Ok...They have lots of stamps and such on the wood I have over 100 pictures so if you need more I have on hand. They all have matching numbers, with matching numbers on the bayonets also, no line mark outs. The 1942 Izhevsk Mosin has been "counter bored". What does that mean rifle cannot be fired?

Question, Are finding two ex-Drgoons or any other so close in the numbers, of two diffrent factorys?
Question, If I would like a 1900 or before Mosin a Russian one with the birds on it. Are they around? Price?
Question, Why does everyone want to give me $200 for my Polish,Are they bad news? Not a good rifle? I thought they were ok?
Question, Has anyone shot at a gun shop. I told them I had a Mosin cabine, they said I could shoot it. After two rounds they told me to leave. No one complained. Actually the person next to me said I hit center twice. But it was only twenty-five yards.
Ouestion, Why are the gun stores always trying to "push" those plastic stocks on the high pressure sell. I hate that, then when you don't buy it they won't answer ...
Ok, I am jumping into the deep water now..Judi and her Mosins.

The Family Mosin

My Polish Mosin M-44

Someone welded the bayonet only will open side ways won't come off like other Mosins I have.

The "cousins" ex- Drgoons Tula and Izhevsk 1927r ** Note how close the serial numbers are.

Group picture

My 1942 and 1943 Izhevsk Mosins...

Group pictures.....

Thank you everyone for your help, please look at the ammo section and tell me if these Mosins can fire that type ammo,...Thanks Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Last edited by Judi and her Mosins on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Lotema

Re: Judi and her Mosins....All five

Post by Lotema »

Nice collection! I really like the cousins!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

They want to give you $200 for that polish, because they want to lowball you on a nice rifle. The serial # thing is just coincidence.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

The Pole looks really nice, is it all matching? I'd do $250 if it is. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Nice looking group. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Judi and her Mosins

BuckeyeSgt wrote:The Pole looks really nice, is it all matching? I'd do $250 if it is. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Nice looking group. :thumbsup:

Yes... :soapbox: ... all the Polish numbers all match ,the sling is orginal too I was told....NO, I do not want to sell MY Mosin's...

I thought I found something special with the two "cousins"...well I like them still. ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

" Someone welded the bayonet only will open side ways won't come off like other Mosins I have. "

The rifles with bayonets were manufactured that way. Your Polish is outstanding. The Russians made one with a folding bayonet designated an M44 and the Chinese made one also designated the T53.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

The Polish slings have a green buckle. I was just kidding. I have one that is pretty minty too and I wouldn't sell it. At an offer of $200 I would be :chuckles: :chuckles: :big laugh: :big laugh: :moon: :moon:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Your Polish M44 is worth closer to $400 than $200 with matching numbers. Don't take a penny less should you wish to sell.
As has been said- Your, "cousins" are from totally different arsenals/factories and the serial numbers are just random coincidence. Yes, they are still cool!
milmike

Post by milmike »

Well i have to say that you are the first lady that i have seen hear and you have nice guns!!!!!! there are alot of good guys here and a whole lot of them would just like to shoot your guns so you might just keep an eye on them :D :D :popgun: :popgun:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

There are pre 1900 ones out there. Really nice ones might cost ya a bit. A Bulgarian will be a little cheaper. What you need is a M39 with an antique receiver. Kill two birds with that one. They just want you to buy that plastic crap because they make money on it, and they could probably care less about some "old rifle".
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Judi and her Mosins

Question,...I traded a Colt Chorme/nickel Pyton 8 for the two "rounds 1942 & 1942. ...? ..Was that a good deal?

No, I never will let no one shoot my Mosins. I still am worried about taking them apart and not being able to get them back together. I put the bayonet on and it is bigger then me. Then a heck of a time to get it off, the other three go on easy. The Polish one, I bought not so long ago.

Question, Whay do all them marks mean on the stocks?.

I have to learn first about everything I can,..Thanks for the information,...Judi and her Mosins'
Dr. Seuss quote
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

" Question, Has anyone shot at a gun shop. I told them I had a Mosin carbine, they said I could shoot it. After two rounds they told me to leave "

I cleared an indoor range with my Enfield Jungle 5 carbine a while back. It's an M44 on steroids with more fire added.
If you were happy with the trade that is all that matters.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You should have kept the Colt. Pythons start at about $1000 and go up.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:Question,...I traded a Colt Chorme/nickel Pyton 8 for the two "rounds 1942 & 1942. ...? ..Was that a good deal?
ummm, no!

Depending on what python you had they are selling for $2000 but older ones can be up to $5000.
Run of the mill Mosins cost less then $200 and can be found in most gun shops including the big box sports store.
Kollaa kestää
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

millman wrote:You should have kept the Colt. Pythons start at about $1000 and go up.
I was about to respond with a well if you like them...glad I wasn't the one that had to say it. Ya that Python was a keeper.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Here is a beautiful Python I was watching earlier this year.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =345142848
Kollaa kestää
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

nice mosins, that was a bad deal on your part unfortunatly i love my king cobra
Judi and her Mosins

I had that Python since my Dad gave it to me, It had wood grips and box with the original recp. I never fired it. I was too award for me. I like my Hi-Point .45,... :soapbox: ...don't even call it ugly. My brother told me it was (colt) worth $300. So He traded me the two rifles 1942 & 1943.
Dr. Seuss quote
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You need to go talk to your brother. :rolling:

C. S. Lewis
Judi and her Mosins

he won't :very mad: even show me how to take it apart, The Boss sent me a few youtube vids that helped.
Dr. Seuss quote