Cabelas 91/30s

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BenedictGomez

Re: Cabelas 91/30s

Post by BenedictGomez »

PXDon wrote:Fort Worth has em for 169 down from 199. Writing the managers an email about $200 mosins seems a bit silly to me...
Not when you know they're gouging, which is exactly what $200 for a regular ol' beater Mosin is. The second reason I did it in this case is that it's Cabelas, which has a decent reputation for generally avoiding that sort of behaviour. I thought it might be helpful to pass on consumer sentiment a bit higher up the food chain.
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

daveshady wrote: the mosins from century importers have gone up to 139 dealer cost more excellent with accessories
Is that the V price or the X price?
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

BenedictGomez wrote:
PXDon wrote:Fort Worth has em for 169 down from 199. Writing the managers an email about $200 mosins seems a bit silly to me...
Not when you know they're gouging, which is exactly what $200 for a regular ol' beater Mosin is. The second reason I did it in this case is that it's Cabelas, which has a decent reputation for generally avoiding that sort of behaviour. I thought it might be helpful to pass on consumer sentiment a bit higher up the food chain.
I don't think it's gouging when it's hard to find mosins for under $175 in any retail chain stores anywhere. Times are changin friend.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

good to hear prices are down i havnt been in local cabelas a long time
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

They were $170 at the Cabela's in Hamburg, PA today. About 55 rifles on display, only 2 Hex, only 2 red number (for those who care), none of them did anything for me. The 1932 Tula Hex with its' screw escutcheons seemed promising, but it had a big chunk of wood missing near the barrel. The other hex was an electopencil matcher.
Tackett

Post by Tackett »

The one I bought at cabelas was 155 and it was a Molot.