Craigslist surprise

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Craigslist surprise

Post by bunkysdad »

If that wasn't your best deal ever, tell us what was a better deal you have found lately. You got a great deal.
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Great Find
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
evildog

Post by evildog »

Nice find!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

I think it was a fair price... Looks good...
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Slow Ride

Post by Slow Ride »

Went to the range this morning and reaffirmed 2 often repeated facts - 1) the Finn Mosins are accurate as can be, and 2) you can "shoot clean" a dirty bore. My son, with his 21 year old eyes, was holding his shots in a 2" group at 50 yards, I was getting them within 6" (with a few outliers), but overall was very happy with the function of the gun. I mentioned that it was very dirty when I brought it home, including the bore. After putting 40 rounds through it and bringing it home still warm, I took a brass brush to it, then sprayed some bore scrubber down and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I then did a few more strokes with the brush and then did the normal routine of hoppes soaked patches and finishing with a oiled patch. You wouldn't think it was the same bore had you seen before and after pictures. Very happy with this one!
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

BenedictGomez wrote:
millman wrote:That is pretty close to a steal. You got a nice rifle for $200, and some free ammo.

Agreed. He got $20 in ammo, so he paid $180 for a gun with at least some Finn heritage.

And I'm surprised the post didn't get pulled since CL forbids gun posts. Lucky all-around IMO.
I have a friend who has bought several firearms off of Craigslist, yes they don't allow firearms. If the seller leaves out key words like, gun, firearm, rifle. The terms the anti crowd knows and calls it what is for example a Mosin Nagant, nobody in the anti world knows a specific type or model and so the post often slips by and is not flagged.

Once again sweet rifle :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
gurn

Post by gurn »

nice find :thumbsup:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Very good deal... And on Craigslist to boot! They do not allow Guns for sale, surprised they didn't pull it. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
professor9

Post by professor9 »

I look on CL frequently and usually what you find are the one-offs and they disappear quickly. Always a good avenue to look for MN's. Prof
1915 Westinghouse Finn, Fox Receiver, SA marked
1942 Sako M39
1953 Hungarian M44

Spirit with a vision is a dream, with a mission... RIP Neil Peart
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

nice find
Slow Ride

Post by Slow Ride »

One more question about this one. It has a "W" stamped under the eagle on the receiver. Anyone seen this before? Thanks!