My New M39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jm190

My New M39

Post by jm190 »

I found this Finnish Army M39 in a local gun shop. All the numbers match and it appears to be in original condition. The butt plate doesn't have a number. I looked hard for an import mark and finally found it on the bottom of the barrel behind the front sight. It's a Century Arms import. The bore looks OK: the grooves have some pitting but the lands look sharp. It has been shimmed at the cross bolt and tang and the shims have the Sako stamp. It's got a one piece interrupter/ejector. The receiver looks like a '98 Tula. The stock has the wartime splice. It had not been taken down for cleaning in a long, long time. I could not get the sear screw loose so I left it alone. I think she's beautiful! Here's some photos. Guess I have to change my signature.
Right Side.jpg
Left Side1.jpg
Tang1.jpg
Receiver2.jpg
Stock Cartouches1.jpg
Bolt Knob1.jpg
Floorplate.jpg
Splice1.jpg
Splice Right1.jpg
Splice Left1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John
cjo1971

Re: My New M39

Post by cjo1971 »

Very nice
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice find, I love the look of the wartime stocks, Finn wax baked by a hundred campfires. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Very nice score :thumbsup: I love the look of that rifle :vcool: :vcool:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Indeed it IS beautiful, Nice find!
Price?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: Very nice... Great stock with nice crisp markings.. Congrats !!
Jim

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That's a very nice gunshop find John, and the finish is just the way I like em. Congrats.
jm190

Post by jm190 »

millman wrote:Indeed it IS beautiful, Nice find!
Price?
$325
John
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

jm190 wrote:
millman wrote:Indeed it IS beautiful, Nice find!
Price?
$325
Not a bad price OTD, and being able to hold it and inspect it first. About the going rate for a nice M39.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Great price! Nice find, never ever see an M39 around here........wise purchase!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: Love those Finns!!! I am waiting for a 43 SKY in 43 wartime stock. My second Finn. Nice pics!! Love that Finnish finish! :lol: You definitely bought it right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953