Type 53 Bring back more info

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ssgvn67

Type 53 Bring back more info

Post by ssgvn67 »

In regards to this bring back, the bolt or any other parts were not blued and there is some more interesting information i would like to share with you. If you all remember during the First Gulf War there was a General that spoke just about every day as to the wars progress. His name was Gen. Thomas W. Kelly, turns out he happened to be my operations officer and later acting c.o. in the 4th Cavelry. He also signed my war trophy registration although he was Maj. Kelly back then. See attachment. I thought this might add a little more history to the mosin. Thanks to all of you for your response to my last post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RugerFan

Re: Type 53 Bring back more info

Post by RugerFan »

That's pretty cool. Do you have a picture of the 53 that you brought back"
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

anyway! would love to see the T53, and thats really cool man.
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Cool rifle and nice story to go with it.

link to ssgvn67 thread.
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... hp?t=14656
Kollaa kestää
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Wow! That great story before just got way cooler in my book. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

RugerFan wrote:That's pretty cool. Do you have a picture of the 53 that you brought back"
He posted pictures of the rifle already a few weeks ago, I will find it in a minute.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ssgvn67 wrote:In regards to this bring back, the bolt or any other parts were not blued and there is some more interesting information i would like to share with you. If you all remember during the First Gulf War there was a General that spoke just about every day as to the wars progress. His name was Gen. Thomas W. Kelly, turns out he happened to be my operations officer and later acting c.o. in the 4th Cavelry. He also signed my war trophy registration although he was Maj. Kelly back then. See attachment. I thought this might add a little more history to the mosin. Thanks to all of you for your response to my last post
Excellent piece of history, I do recall General Kelly during Gulf one , thank you for posting that :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
RugerFan

Post by RugerFan »

Found the pics...very cool. I have a 53 and it sure looks like it went through a war too, but it's my favorite.

Thank you for your service!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Most 53's will have that look, not because they went through a war, but rather they were used by a poor country for many years and were not refurbished like the Soviet models were. This is what the Soviet rifles looked like by the end of 1945, and the reason they refurbished them before packing them away for the next war.
Theodore Roosevelt