New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
hoshow

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by hoshow »

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
Dmitri

Post by Dmitri »

Hi everyone!
My Name is Dmitri and I'm a new Mosinitus victim. Purchased my first one for my 34th birthday, as well as a copy of
"Enemy at the Gates". Spent all day removing cosmoline and watching Jude law snipe Nazis with my new best friend, and then went out and sent 40 rounds down range, and I must say.....best birthday ever! And now I'm completely hooked!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Meombers, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

MAS125 wrote:hey guys my name is mike and I juss picked me up my first mosin. a Izhevsk 91/30 a few weeks ago and already want to buy another.anyway look forward to reading and looking at everyones pics n comments....
Welcome to the board Mike, Feel free to post a comment or two of your own as you read and check out the pics :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dmitri wrote:Hi everyone!
My Name is Dmitri and I'm a new Mosinitus victim. Purchased my first one for my 34th birthday, as well as a copy of
"Enemy at the Gates". Spent all day removing cosmoline and watching Jude law snipe Nazis with my new best friend, and then went out and sent 40 rounds down range, and I must say.....best birthday ever! And now I'm completely hooked!
Welcome to the board, yes, we are familiar with that movie :) and happy birthday, great gift, I buy myself all the best gifts also :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Wulfheard

Post by Wulfheard »

Hello,

This is obviously my first required post. I've been an avid collector of firearms/hunter and trap shooter all my life. Recent I got the bug to aquire a nice SKS either Russian or Yugo and I've been doing some research here. This place looks like a good place to start.

Thanks
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Wulfheard wrote:Hello,

This is obviously my first required post. I've been an avid collector of firearms/hunter and trap shooter all my life. Recent I got the bug to aquire a nice SKS either Russian or Yugo and I've been doing some research here. This place looks like a good place to start.

Thanks
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Boris Badenov

1st time shooting M91/30

Post by Boris Badenov »

Here is a video I made of me shooting my M91/30 for the first time. [BBvideo 640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjO4CO0Czg0[/BBvideo] :pointup:
1940 Tula M91/30 Laminate
1942 Izhevsk M91/30
1943 Izhevsk M44
1942 VTK M39
1937 Sako SK.Y. M28/30
Ram48

Post by Ram48 »

Hey From NC
Just started looking for my first Mosin and thought this would ba a great place to learn about these wonderful weapons.
Ray
God, Guns and Guts made America free, Lets Keep all Three.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Whoa Ray, you don't need to yell. Welcome , study up and be sure to post pictures. Hey Boris, do you have to lug that front rest from home?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ran48 wrote:Hey From NC
Just started looking for my first Mosin and thought this would ba a great place to learn about these wonderful weapons.
Ray
Welcome to the board Ray :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 1st time shooting M91/30

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Boris Badenov wrote:Here is a video I made of me shooting my M91/30 for the first time. [BBvideo 640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjO4CO0Czg0[/BBvideo] :pointup:
Good video, that bolt will get easier as time goes on and you break it in, but in the meantime don't baby it, it's a military rifle, it can take it, smack that handle hard.
Theodore Roosevelt
mocone03

Post by mocone03 »

Hello all,
Just picked my second 91/30. Prairie dogs don't stand a chance!!
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

:welcome2: mocone03, I see your well on your way to a nice hoard. Post up some pics of your rifles over in the main Mosin section. There's a bunch of folks here that can tell you all about your new/old rifles.
Boris Badenov

Post by Boris Badenov »

Longcolt44 wrote:Whoa Ray, you don't need to yell. Welcome , study up and be sure to post pictures. Hey Boris, do you have to lug that front rest from home?
:lol: LOL! Lucky for me it stays at the range!
1940 Tula M91/30 Laminate
1942 Izhevsk M91/30
1943 Izhevsk M44
1942 VTK M39
1937 Sako SK.Y. M28/30
skeath

Post by skeath »

New member here. The network seems to be slow, as my first post never saved, so I'll do a longer post tomorrow.

Regards,

Sandy Keathley
NRA Member
Viet Nam Veteran -- 25th Inf -- Cu Chi
Ram48

Post by Ram48 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Whoa Ray, you don't need to yell. Welcome , study up and be sure to post pictures. Hey Boris, do you have to lug that front rest from home?
Yeah sorry about the large font. when I typed it the size was so small I could hardly read it. :)
God, Guns and Guts made America free, Lets Keep all Three.
clbarbe

Post by clbarbe »

New member here. Got my first Mosin-Nagant a few weeks back at Gander Mountain. Hope to get some good information here.
bjamesmn

Post by bjamesmn »

My name is Brad. My first surplus rifle is a Mosin Nagant 91/30. I got the bug. Since I have picked up an M44, Yugo M48, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and one of the newer "unissued" Yugo SKS rifles.

I often read about how "ugly" the Mosin Nagants are and I truly don't get it. I find them to be great looking rifles. I'm sure a few would agree here.

Anyway, glad to have found this forum. Looking forward to digging deeper...

Brad
thughes

Post by thughes »

New from Upstate New York. Picked up a 91/30 a few weeks ago, got out last week and put 30 rounds through it to sight it in...had a blast! Can't wait for the bruises on my shoulder heal so I can get back out again.

---Todd
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mocone03 wrote:Hello all,
Just picked my second 91/30. Prairie dogs don't stand a chance!!
Welcome to the board, kill the ground rats! I end up on my ass at least twics a year after stepping in their holes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt