New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
The Tator

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by The Tator »

Bought my first rifle a couple of months ago, and i tell you what im loving my Mosin! That rifle has started a life time of gun collecting! haha
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Tator wrote:Bought my first rifle a couple of months ago, and i tell you what im loving my Mosin! That rifle has started a life time of gun collecting! haha
Welcome to the board, for me it started with a Swiss Vetterli 69/71 found at a roadside tag sale over 30 years ago :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jb10570

hello just joined cant wait to find out bout my weapon

Post by jb10570 »

i got a lot of questions hope yall can help :?:
Brian the Brit

Re: hello just joined cant wait to find out bout my weapon

Post by Brian the Brit »

jb10570 wrote:i got a lot of questions hope yall can help :?:

Welcome :thumbsup:
jb10570

Post by jb10570 »

i was looking with a friend and he has his C/Rffl and he found a stamp on reciver and said it was made at tula factory and it has several numbers on it. is there a web site i can go to to find out what the numbers mean and how rare is tula made weapons
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I am sure we can help you out if you post pics here. It depends on what kind of weapon it is and where the numbers are. Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jb10570 wrote:i was looking with a friend and he has his C/Rffl and he found a stamp on reciver and said it was made at tula factory and it has several numbers on it. is there a web site i can go to to find out what the numbers mean and how rare is tula made weapons
The numbers are the date and serial number, the date is self explanatory, the serial number is how the commies kept track of who had what but nobody outside Russian has access to that information if it still exists. Most of the small stamps on the rifle are equally unknown. You are on a Mosin board now :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jeff2-142

Post by Jeff2-142 »

Hey everyone, my name is Jeff. A friend on the sksforums directed me over here as he knew I was fond of Mosins. I have owned several different M44's and M91-30's over the last 7 years, sold and traded most of them for other rifles. I kept one however, and I'm looking around for more now that I have more room for them. :D

Been looking for a crate of them lately. I'm excited to get to learn more about these rifles!
jb10570

thanks

Post by jb10570 »

thanks guys i appreaciate the info i will look better and see what date is :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Jeff2-142 wrote:Hey everyone, my name is Jeff. A friend on the sksforums directed me over here as he knew I was fond of Mosins. I have owned several different M44's and M91-30's over the last 7 years, sold and traded most of them for other rifles. I kept one however, and I'm looking around for more now that I have more room for them. :D

Been looking for a crate of them lately. I'm excited to get to learn more about these rifles!
Welcome to the board Jeff, a crate is a nice idea, but I don't know if anyone is still selling them like that, Classic was the last place I recall hearing that would, but you have to pick it up in North Carolina. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: thanks

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jb10570 wrote:thanks guys i appreaciate the info i will look better and see what date is :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
smaughazard

Hi, all!

Post by smaughazard »

Glad to find a place to discuss my Finn! 1944 low round receiver, stacked front sight, etc. in very good to excellent condition with Tikka barrel. I'll put pics somewhere later…
“Peace through superior firepower.” ― John Ringo
jamf1234

Soon to be new mosin owner!

Post by jamf1234 »

Just ordered M91/30 from budsguns and just waiting for it to arrive (cant wait :D )...would like to hear any tips or advice on being a new owner...Thank you
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Welcome to the board Jeff, a crate is a nice idea, but I don't know if anyone is still selling them like that, Classic was the last place I recall hearing that would, but you have to pick it up in North Carolina. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The shop I got mine at ordered 10 more cases...but I didn't ask where from.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Hi, all!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

smaughazard wrote:Glad to find a place to discuss my Finn! 1944 low round receiver, stacked front sight, etc. in very good to excellent condition with Tikka barrel. I'll put pics somewhere later…
Welcome to the board, sounds like maybe another Finn built 91/30? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Soon to be new mosin owner!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jamf1234 wrote:Just ordered M91/30 from budsguns and just waiting for it to arrive (cant wait :D )...would like to hear any tips or advice on being a new owner...Thank you
Welcome to the board, once your rifle arrives just post it up in the Mosin forum, you will get lots of advice then :), meantine read up on the information page information/ and the old topics , lots of good information there :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Brake Weight wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Welcome to the board Jeff, a crate is a nice idea, but I don't know if anyone is still selling them like that, Classic was the last place I recall hearing that would, but you have to pick it up in North Carolina. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The shop I got mine at ordered 10 more cases...but I didn't ask where from.
Dealers can order them from their suppliers who provide them in bulk, the more they buy the better the price. Most of these outfits only sell like that to 001 FFL dealers.
Theodore Roosevelt
smaughazard

Re: Hi, all!

Post by smaughazard »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
smaughazard wrote:Glad to find a place to discuss my Finn! 1944 low round receiver, stacked front sight, etc. in very good to excellent condition with Tikka barrel. I'll put pics somewhere later…
Welcome to the board, sounds like maybe another Finn built 91/30? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Right, it's a 1944 91/30 with mostly matching numbers - 55488 on barrel and receiver, bolt near illegible. I will take some better pictures and ask for the opinions of the experts here.
1944MN.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Peace through superior firepower.” ― John Ringo
MAS125

Post by MAS125 »

hey guys juss recently got diagnosed with a bad case of mosinitus...and I'm lookn forward to everyones comments and cool pics.
MAS125

Re: New Meombers, Make your first post here!

Post by MAS125 »

hey guys my name is mike and I juss picked me up my first mosin. a Izhevsk 91/30 a few weeks ago and already want to buy another.anyway look forward to reading and looking at everyones pics n comments....