Mosin nagants are "assault rifles"????

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Joeinthehills

Re: Mosin nagants are "assault rifles"????

Post by Joeinthehills »

The Journalism in this country pulls a strong vacuum, what the schools are teaching today is pure B.S. :devil2:

What's even worse is that they elect people like Senators Finecan't find her ass or Nancy cover your ass Polock. :angry4:

What people keep putting them back in office???
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

sure is bs so much of this world garbage needs to be disposed of asap
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

While I may agree with you (I do) I am glad you cleaned up the first name on the list :lol: :lol: I am sure it may get the political ruler lady though. :thumbsup: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
m1guy

Post by m1guy »

At least they can't say 91/30s are evil assault rifles because they have a bayonet lug. That was a good design for more reasons than 1.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

desdem12 wrote:While I may agree with you (I do) I am glad you cleaned up the first name on the list :lol: :lol: I am sure it may get the political ruler lady though. :thumbsup: :lol:
The ruler lady is pretty lenient when it comes to dogging old Fineswine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

millman wrote:
desdem12 wrote:While I may agree with you (I do) I am glad you cleaned up the first name on the list :lol: :lol: I am sure it may get the political ruler lady though. :thumbsup: :lol:
The ruler lady is pretty lenient when it comes to dogging old Fineswine.
Lovin' It :devil2:

You know where my feelings are :attn:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I betcha that the Germans in 1942 at Stalingrad would agreeing with today's journalists.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

ponycarman wrote:I guess if you want to get technical they are the original assault rifles :twisted:

Doesn't mean they need to be regulated though. No firearm needs to be.
I disagree. All rifles should be "regulated" to make sure they operate properly and hit where they are supposed to.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

:pointup: :thumbsup: i agree with you there. I ment more on legality part.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Yeah, our media does that too, with possibly even more stupidity in a country where the "Evil Black Rifle"ᵀᴹ cannot even be owned :brolleyes:

Have to lol when there's a report of a "huge haul of illegal firearms, which could have added fuel to the fire of Sydney's gang war!" and the footage shown is a table of .22 hunting rifles and a few SMLEs :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Were do the illegal firearms come from in Australia?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Well one of the more famous recent cases was the 220 illegal Glocks shipped in through a dodgy employee in a suburban Sydney Post Office lol

But usually they would come in through unchecked shipping containers, as only about 1 in 20 are checked by Customs (which has its own corruption problems :brolleyes: ) The lesser seen crim choice of AR15 and more popular pump shotties etc come in this way, proabably in parts. Much excited mention is made of "OMG, assault rifle!" if a Kalashnikov turns up somewhere (which isn't often)

The 'illegal' guns mentioned and sometimes seen in news footage (like a No.4 I noticed once, spread out of a table amongst 'the haul' lol) are called illegal due to the fact that they are not held by an appropriately licensed person. Not a illegal firearm to own per se.

But I'm sure there would also be quite a few prohib weapons floating around that never got handed back during the 'buyback' in 1996.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:They can't even make up good shit anymore, look at NY, the media spends more time talking about Anthony Wieners dick, and who he sent pictures of it too than they do about the mess our states economy is in and why.
I find it funny they still talk more about Wiener than they do about his wife & Hillary being an item. :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Top Rifle - Hunting Rifle
Bottom Rifle - Assault Rifle

Don't you guys know anything :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I seem to remember the 'Tower' built Brown Bess was doing some of that "assultin" back a'while........... The asshole who was doing the bomb planning was reported to have decided to use a pressure cooker filled with 7.62 X 54r's and black powder and some othe r crap. Looked like a nice M91/30. We got more assholes crawling out of the gutters here in MA. :devil2:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

so many ppl need to be drug outside and shot twice
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

....................How 'bout If we used 7.62 X 54R's and put 'em back to back and do two for the price of 1. :popgun: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"