New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shooter48 wrote:New Member just saying "Hello". Have several different flavors of M-N's among other surplus rifles. Terrible addiction:-)

Shooter 48
Welcome to the board :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
eav999

Post by eav999 »

Hello fellow Mosin lovers!

I got my 1942 Izhevsk about 2 weeks ago and it is now all cleaned up and raring to go this weekend.

I hope we don't get rain but nothing discourages this rifle. There is a tremendous amount of info on this forum and I'm excited about sharing with you fellow admirers.

Eugene
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

eav999 wrote:Hello fellow Mosin lovers!

I got my 1942 Izhevsk about 2 weeks ago and it is now all cleaned up and raring to go this weekend.

I hope we don't get rain but nothing discourages this rifle. There is a tremendous amount of info on this forum and I'm excited about sharing with you fellow admirers.

Eugene
Welcome to the board Eugene, lets hope it doesn't rain, it would only make it more humid than it is now. Have fun shooting that rifle, you checked the headspace right? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TheCitadelMosin16

Post by TheCitadelMosin16 »

Hi I'm proud to be here... just happen to love these rifles and their history.

Izhevsk 1940r
Pre-War Round
Matching serial numbers

ΠM2452
I am interested what the ΠM means, perhaps just a standard suffix?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

TheCitadelMosin16 wrote:Hi I'm proud to be here... just happen to love these rifles and their history.

Izhevsk 1940r
Pre-War Round
Matching serial numbers

ΠM2452
I am interested what the ΠM means, perhaps just a standard suffix?
Welcome to the board, yes, that is a prefix, Russian alphabet. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
sakom28

Post by sakom28 »

his is not sakom28.

This is Dolk testing his account. He says he can't make a post, but it looks good to me.

Dolk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sakom28 wrote:his is not sakom28.

This is Dolk testing his account. He says he can't make a post, but it looks good to me.

Dolk
Welcome to the board sakom28/Dolk I see you 5x5 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
sakom28

Post by sakom28 »

Hello, I am new to this site but have several nagants ranging from Westinghouse 1981 to Finnish Sakos to M44's. Always looking for more information. Thanks..RK
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
bil

Post by bil »

Hi, I'm Bil, East Central Florida (aka, the West Coast of the East Coast). Love my Tula hex, pretty much all matching, down to the rear sight, front sight, barrel bands, etc, etc. I love it. Gave my son his first Milsurp a few years ago, a Russian MN carbine. Like to have broke his shoulder, first time he fired it! :mrgreen:
Looking forward to being here kinda regular.....
Regards all!
Bil
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sakom28 wrote:Hello, I am new to this site but have several nagants ranging from Westinghouse 1981 to Finnish Sakos to M44's. Always looking for more information. Thanks..RK
Welcome to the board, Westinghouse 1891 I assume? :D I wish they were still making them in 1981, that would make for some cool year by year rifle collecting 1915-1981 , :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bil wrote:Hi, I'm Bil, East Central Florida (aka, the West Coast of the East Coast). Love my Tula hex, pretty much all matching, down to the rear sight, front sight, barrel bands, etc, etc. I love it. Gave my son his first Milsurp a few years ago, a Russian MN carbine. Like to have broke his shoulder, first time he fired it! :mrgreen:
Looking forward to being here kinda regular.....
Regards all!
Bil
Welcome to the board Bil, the boy didn't listen when you warned him to keep that buttplate tight to the shoulder did he? Saw that recently when a kid failed to heed my warning to keep the butt of a Persian M30 carbine to his shoulder, the video is funny to watch, we told him at least five times but it was the rifle than drove the lesson home. :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
mbogo3

Post by mbogo3 »

Just picked up 58......... 91/30's with two buddies.I have 10 handpicked. One 42 Tula ex-sniper in the lot and a 1916 Izhevsk hex/ex Dragoon Russian Eagle action with a 42 Tula barrel .Reburbs left USSR Jan/2013.lots of hex and round receiver Tulas late 30's on all in VG or better condition.Will likely keep two............Harold
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Sporting Lad

Post by Sporting Lad »

Здравствуйте, товарищи!
First time caller here. I just dropped in from Western Canada. Whilst I'm new to collecting Mosin Nagant, I'm not new to the world of collecting small arms.
I spent most of the 1960s in an American armored unit stationed in the "Fulda Gap" (Germany) guarding The Free World against an expected onslaught of T-62s, so I'm no stranger to Soviet weaponry!
I can remember from high school days when "Ye Olde Hunter" in Virginia was selling mail order 91/30s for $9.95 apiece. Still, that was over a week's wages pumping gas, checking oil, washing windshields, and pumping tires, so I never managed to get one then--it took another 53 years to get my first one!
My first "milsurp" was an Italian 6.5mm Carcano carbine c/w folding bayonet. Next came a Lee Enfield (bought out of a barrel for $25 ; "Jungle Carbines" went for $29.95). Tired of spending hard earned money to buy guns, I joined the Army. Hey! What better way to gain access to a bunch of cool weapons--absolutely FREE? :chuckles: At least that's what the recruiting sgt said... :roll:
I'll post some pics of my Mosey Nag (can I say "Mosey" on here?) in my next thread.
Thanks for having me. Glad I found you. :thumbsup:
"The Singing Sniper"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sporting Lad wrote:Здравствуйте, товарищи!
First time caller here. I just dropped in from Western Canada. Whilst I'm new to collecting Mosin Nagant, I'm not new to the world of collecting small arms.
I spent most of the 1960s in an American armored unit stationed in the "Fulda Gap" (Germany) guarding The Free World against an expected onslaught of T-62s, so I'm no stranger to Soviet weaponry!
I can remember from high school days when "Ye Olde Hunter" in Virginia was selling mail order 91/30s for $9.95 apiece. Still, that was over a week's wages pumping gas, checking oil, washing windshields, and pumping tires, so I never managed to get one then--it took another 53 years to get my first one!
My first "milsurp" was an Italian 6.5mm Carcano carbine c/w folding bayonet. Next came a Lee Enfield (bought out of a barrel for $25 ; "Jungle Carbines" went for $29.95). Tired of spending hard earned money to buy guns, I joined the Army. Hey! What better way to gain access to a bunch of cool weapons--absolutely FREE? :chuckles: At least that's what the recruiting sgt said... :roll:
I'll post some pics of my Mosey Nag (can I say "Mosey" on here?) in my next thread.
Thanks for having me. Glad I found you. :thumbsup:
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I still have a few of the old Hunter ad's pasted up on the wall out in the shed. Just so I can see the prices and have a good cry.
Theodore Roosevelt
JerryPbury

Post by JerryPbury »

Hi,

Just spent this past Saturday putting 80 rounds through my new to me 1953 Tula SKS. Glad I bought a 1000 rounds of ammo! What a great and enjoyable experience. Very accurate for a 60 year old rifle.

More later.

Jerry
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JerryPbury wrote:Hi,

Just spent this past Saturday putting 80 rounds through my new to me 1953 Tula SKS. Glad I bought a 1000 rounds of ammo! What a great and enjoyable experience. Very accurate for a 60 year old rifle.

More later.

Jerry
Welcome to the board Jerry, it can be a fun and expensive addiction :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Brian the Brit

Post by Brian the Brit »

JerryPbury wrote:Hi,

More later.

Jerry
HELLO , :D