New member with pics here...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BuckeyeSgt

Re: New member with pics here...

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice rifle, welcome to the Forum. :toast:
You keep calling it a gal. I just call mine сука. :lol:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Welcome to the madness. I'm not Russian but I sure do like their stuff.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Gsragtop wrote:Looks like you have a force matched (at time if referb) 1934 Tula.. The stock and rifle have been referbed as evidenced by the box with a slash stamp on it.. Yours is a Hex barrel which is more desirable then the rounds, but reall does not improve anything.. Looks like your still in a prewar stock which is what you wan to see on a prewar rifle. A very nice first start to your collection, congrats and enjoy !!

Ohh and your stock has a repair in he toe, a common repair but very cool none the less !!
Welcome to the forum. The stock is late to post war. The push in esctucheons were used late war and afterwards. The screw in escutcheons are prewar and the half front inserts with no rear escutcheons are wartime. It's still typical for a postwar refurb though because they can have any combination of parts/stock.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Cheshire wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome and info on my rifle. Yeah, already thinking about another... like prolly everyone else I'd love a sniper. I'm happy that the one I have is in good shape. Going to the range tomorrow to put a few down the barrel. I was shocked to find that my local Gander Mt had ammo for this rifle and at a decent price too. $0.50 a round. I pay that for .380 ammo for my PPK. They keep the 7.62x54R in the "Varmint" section. Not sure what sort of varmint you'd be hunting with 7.62 but whatever.

...do you all think it's ok to keep a Walther and the Mosin more or less in the same area? I sure hope they don't start fighting :-)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

We also have a sticky here on the forum for ammo prices. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6629