New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Celt

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Celt »

Very nice! Make yourself at home.
Welcome aboard!
:alien: :welcome2: :Welcome Home: :wave: :wave:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
qtrhoss

Post by qtrhoss »

JYD, I have to ask, "Rare" How Rare? Should I be Shooting it?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rare as any dragoon rifle is, but there is no reason why you can't or shouldn't shoot it if you want, just take care of it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qtrhoss

Post by qtrhoss »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Rare as any dragoon rifle is, but there is no reason why you can't or shouldn't shoot it if you want, just take care of it.
Ok, Thanks. Looking very forward to the ammo delivery.
Electric Eric

Post by Electric Eric »

I'm a new guy, Tattoo artist in Attleboro, Ma. I just discovered the world of Mosin Nagant. In 2 weeks, I've bought a matching number 1944 Model 91/44 Mosin that totally infected me with Mosin Love, and a really nice 1939 91/38 with no matching numbers, but shoots dead on at 100 yards...I guess you can't really find anything bad about them.,,,except they seem to multiply in your gun safe over time...and I've noticed that when I get to the range, even if it's a "strictly black powder shootin' day ", that at least one Mosin and a few paper bundles of joy are in the back of the truck when I unlock and unpack and get ready to shoot.. Yes, I'm a Mosin Nagant addict. I don't know how it started, but yes, I can control it..I can quit anytime..it's easy..and i will quit...after I buy just one more....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Electric Eric wrote:I'm a new guy, Tattoo artist in Attleboro, Ma. I just discovered the world of Mosin Nagant. In 2 weeks, I've bought a matching number 1944 Model 91/44 Mosin that totally infected me with Mosin Love, and a really nice 1939 91/38 with no matching numbers, but shoots dead on at 100 yards...I guess you can't really find anything bad about them.,,,except they seem to multiply in your gun safe over time...and I've noticed that when I get to the range, even if it's a "strictly black powder shootin' day ", that at least one Mosin and a few paper bundles of joy are in the back of the truck when I unlock and unpack and get ready to shoot.. Yes, I'm a Mosin Nagant addict. I don't know how it started, but yes, I can control it..I can quit anytime..it's easy..and i will quit...after I buy just one more....
Mosinitis is what it's called, and you seem to have a classic case of it going on :lol: there is no cure except destitution, and that only cures their multiplying in the safe, it does not cure your wanting more. Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qtrhoss

Post by qtrhoss »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Electric Eric wrote:I'm a new guy, Tattoo artist in Attleboro, Ma. I just discovered the world of Mosin Nagant. In 2 weeks, I've bought a matching number 1944 Model 91/44 Mosin that totally infected me with Mosin Love, and a really nice 1939 91/38 with no matching numbers, but shoots dead on at 100 yards...I guess you can't really find anything bad about them.,,,except they seem to multiply in your gun safe over time...and I've noticed that when I get to the range, even if it's a "strictly black powder shootin' day ", that at least one Mosin and a few paper bundles of joy are in the back of the truck when I unlock and unpack and get ready to shoot.. Yes, I'm a Mosin Nagant addict. I don't know how it started, but yes, I can control it..I can quit anytime..it's easy..and i will quit...after I buy just one more....
Mosinitis is what it's called, and you seem to have a classic case of it going on :lol: there is no cure except destitution, and that only cures their multiplying in the safe, it does not cure your wanting more. Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mosinitis.... Oh oh.... That's what it is. I can feel the symptoms coming on. Just ordered sling from "Liberty Tree Collectors" and ammo pouches, stripper clips, and cleaning kit, found on Amazon. And enough ammo from Midway to keep the barrel too hot to touch for a long time. :D :D And the fact that I plan to go look at a couple more today if I have time.... is there a cure? it must be contagious, because all I did was pick up a Mosin at a garage sale..... and I couldn't put it down...... ;mywink;
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
lalunette

Post by lalunette »

Howdy folks !!

My name is Richard. I live in Winnipeg, Canada. I'm 47 years old and getting into hunting... finally !!

I've owned a replica 1728 St-Étienne black powder muzzleloader flintlock for the past 10 years that I've used for my historical interpretation hobby. I've shot many blanks and live loads (69 caliber) through it and I can say I really enjoy shooting this bad boy.

I've also shot a variety of rifles and pistols over the years so I'm definitely NOT new to guns but I am new to hunting and owning my own rifle.

This autumn I will satisfy all of my country's requirements for owning a rifle and going hunting as I plan to accompany my older and younger brothers on their annual deer hunting trips. I sure like the taste of venison so I want to bag my own.

Due to a penchant for historical firearms, I would like to purchase a Mosin and go hunting with it. I have done a lot of research on the Mosin and know what to look for and what to avoid. I plan to add a scope but otherwise want to keep the rifle fully original.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers !!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

lalunette wrote:Howdy folks !!

My name is Richard. I live in Winnipeg, Canada. I'm 47 years old and getting into hunting... finally !!

I've owned a replica 1728 St-Étienne black powder muzzleloader flintlock for the past 10 years that I've used for my historical interpretation hobby. I've shot many blanks and live loads (69 caliber) through it and I can say I really enjoy shooting this bad boy.

I've also shot a variety of rifles and pistols over the years so I'm definitely NOT new to guns but I am new to hunting and owning my own rifle.

This autumn I will satisfy all of my country's requirements for owning a rifle and going hunting as I plan to accompany my older and younger brothers on their annual deer hunting trips. I sure like the taste of venison so I want to bag my own.

Due to a penchant for historical firearms, I would like to purchase a Mosin and go hunting with it. I have done a lot of research on the Mosin and know what to look for and what to avoid. I plan to add a scope but otherwise want to keep the rifle fully original.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers !!
Welcome to the board Richard :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

Do you have a "How to Up-load Pictures" ???
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
cutlass7

Post by cutlass7 »

Hello from Saskatchewan Canada.....just bought my first Mosin about 5 hours ago. Very nice condition 1926 model with the bayonet....can't wait to get out to the range and try this thing out!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

davesstuff1 wrote:Do you have a "How to Up-load Pictures" ???
It's rejecting your picture file? You need to size the pic down to 640x480 at the least before it will post . I link from photobucket then resizing is not needed.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

cutlass7 wrote:Hello from Saskatchewan Canada.....just bought my first Mosin about 5 hours ago. Very nice condition 1926 model with the bayonet....can't wait to get out to the range and try this thing out!!
Welcome to the Board Canada :thumbsup: :thumbsup: let us know how it goes :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Biggsio47

Post by Biggsio47 »

Hello... waiting on my first M91/30 Hex to arrive at my local FFL.
Brian the Brit

Post by Brian the Brit »

Biggsio47 wrote:Hello... waiting on my first M91/30 Hex to arrive at my local FFL.
Welcome , post picks when it arrives :D
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Hello Mosin world. New member here and saying hi. Picked up my first Mosin yesterday at my local Gander Mountain for $179. Been wanting to pick one of these up for a while and finally pulled the trigger :brolleyes: I think I got a decent one. It's in great shape. I know very little about these rifles right now but suspect I'll learn. It was made in 1934 and has the hex receiver. I think it might be a Tula also. Like I said I don't know much yet. See pic of the receiver below...

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cheshire wrote:Hello Mosin world. New member here and saying hi. Picked up my first Mosin yesterday at my local Gander Mountain for $179. Been wanting to pick one of these up for a while and finally pulled the trigger :brolleyes: I think I got a decent one. It's in great shape. I know very little about these rifles right now but suspect I'll learn. It was made in 1934 and has the hex receiver. I think it might be a Tula also. Like I said I don't know much yet. See pic of the receiver below...

1934 Tula M1891/30 refurbished Mosin rifle, very nice, and welcome to the board :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt