P-27

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
NETNshawn

P-27

Post by NETNshawn »

Here is my latest acquisition.

Very cool cross cannon marking on this one.

Interesting how the old cosmoline helps with assuring you that this rifle has been in the same stock for a while.

Now the interesting questions. Blood pitting?

Reason I asked that is the barrel is perfect except in these small areas. I have a K98 that has this pitting but it is all along the wood line.
redspoon

Re: P-27

Post by redspoon »

Wow what a beauty :Drool1: :Drool1: Man there's been a lot of nice rifles posted up in the last couple of weeks and yours is right in the mix. Congrats very nice find.
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Very nice find, Yes, looks like blood pitting to me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Fantastic! Did this come from the guy needing money for a new bike by any chance?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
NETNshawn

Post by NETNshawn »

racerguy00 wrote:Fantastic! Did this come from the guy needing money for a new bike by any chance?
It did and he sent extra ammo with it. :thumbsup:
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful! Congrats! :Drool1: :vcool: 8-) :Drool1: :thumbsup:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm looking for a "P" rifle... Great condition
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

NETNshawn wrote:
racerguy00 wrote:Fantastic! Did this come from the guy needing money for a new bike by any chance?
It did and he sent extra ammo with it.
I saw it and drooled all over the monitor. Didnt have the funds. Lucky dog! :thumbsup:
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

NETNshawn wrote:Here is my latest acquisition.
Wow, you bought a gun and a nice view of the Tennessee hills!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Very nice P-series rifle! The 27's tend to be harder to find than the P26's.
Congrats!
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Great find. Two beatuiful views. - the rifle and the hills. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Knuckledragger wrote:Very nice P-series rifle! The 27's tend to be harder to find than the P26's.
Congrats!
Knucledragger There is absolutely nothing meant personal here, but I get a big kick how my fortunes always seem to run counter direction to what other people say. I have had 3 P-27's over the years and only 1 P-26. They always say M-28's are harder to find than M-27's yet I have had about 12 or 14 of the M-28's and many less M-27's! I don't know what I do different than others but it just seems to go that way? :? Bill
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Bill,
You should know by now that I never take offense to people speaking their minds :biggrin:
From my limited (compared to you) experience, I see a lot more guys with just the P26. Not many (that I've seen) have the P27.
zeebill wrote:
Knuckledragger wrote:Very nice P-series rifle! The 27's tend to be harder to find than the P26's.
Congrats!
Knucledragger There is absolutely nothing meant personal here, but I get a big kick how my fortunes always seem to run counter direction to what other people say. I have had 3 P-27's over the years and only 1 P-26. They always say M-28's are harder to find than M-27's yet I have had about 12 or 14 of the M-28's and many less M-27's! I don't know what I do different than others but it just seems to go that way? :? Bill
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

One thing you might want to look at...the import mark is struck heavily. Make sure that the liner/bore isnt damaged before firing it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
NETNshawn

Post by NETNshawn »

racerguy00 wrote:
NETNshawn wrote:
It did and he sent extra ammo with it.
I saw it and drooled all over the monitor. Didnt have the funds. Lucky dog! :thumbsup:
Racer,

I found a nice P-26 a couple of weeks before this one but lost the bid. Was aggravated about losing it and this one happened to come up for sale. Made an offer and got it for less than what the P-26 went for. So sometimes things do work out for the better :wink:

Now if I could have a do over with the Finn 28/30 that I let get away from me. :very mad:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Nice. That made my day. I was about to think the wells had gone dry. :beek: Great Find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I am so sorry you couldn't get a pretty one.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

You're right! Miss out on one and another will come. I had to pass on your rifle, then things fell into place with the help of another member that allowed me to get my '24 Tula. :)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Congrats!
That's my take on it.... But what do I know, I have neither. :vsad: :lol:

That is one fine looker!!!! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"