LGS Sniper... what's it worth?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
cjsimoh

LGS Sniper... what's it worth?

Post by cjsimoh »

Saw this sniper at my LGS today. They close at 5pm and it was already 10 minutes after, so I could only get a few quick pics. What's the going price for these...?

Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Re: LGS Sniper... what's it worth?

Post by Miller Tyme »

A 42 molot was selling for 599.00 thru Aim.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That is what I was going to say. About 600 give or take. :pointup: :pointup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
gurn

Post by gurn »

The real question is what are they wanting? :?:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Miller Tyme and desdem 12 are right on the money. Molot refurbs are running in the $600 range. Doesn't Molot use those Ukrainian repro scopes produced somewhere in the early 2000's?
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

OK, ready for this? The tag on this puppy is $790!!! :shock: Not gonna buy it.
gurn

Post by gurn »

Who pays tag price? :chuckles:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
bb91

Post by bb91 »

cjsimoh wrote:OK, ready for this? The tag on this puppy is $790!!! :shock: Not gonna buy it.
Did anybody say that's a 1942 Izhevsk? If it has matching numbers or other positive features like an unusually (for a wartime rifle)nice bore it may be worth the coin, I believe the one I bought from Aim was $679.00 before shipping and before they ran out.

Edit to add: Sorry it was $649 plus shipping.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... IN9130PU42

1942 dated PU's are pretty uncommon.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dealers always have some wiggle room on these prices, he might drop it to $675 to make the sale.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Titanium Hammer wrote:Miller Tyme and desdem 12 are right on the money. Molot refurbs are running in the $600 range. Doesn't Molot use those Ukrainian repro scopes produced somewhere in the early 2000's?
No, they are using genuine WWII components. My Molot was confirmed by the Management here to be Genuine WWII parts. The question on Molot 91/30 PU's that has everybody wondering, is "Where were they refurbished?" They are as of yet still hanging in the authenticity balance with many. Others see them as good to go. Having scrutenized the heck out of my own, I am satisfied that it is the real deal. That being said, each one needs to be carefully examined at this point.

The rifle posted being a 1942 PU may very well be worth the extra to the right collector. The scope looks genuine, but would need more pics to really wring this one out.

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

It's probably going to sit at the LGS for a while. I can get more pics. What kind of pics would help in identification and evaluation?
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Check this ................... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12692

Semper Fi, Rob
1938 Tula
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

Sgt. Rob wrote:Check this ................... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12692

Semper Fi, Rob
Thank! I can print it out and use it as a checklist! :D
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

That's an early one too. Look at the Molot number MOR0000148. That's one of the ones that AIM sold last July in the first offering of these. The one I have is numbered MOR0000933 and I bought it July 12, 2012. http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... per-Rifles
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I wonder what happened that someone had to get rid of it, death, divorce, or destitution.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I wonder what happened that someone had to get rid of it, death, divorce, or destitution.
:pointup: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It always tends to be one of the three as few just get tired of guns and get rid of them :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I wonder what happened that someone had to get rid of it, death, divorce, or destitution.

:pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Disinterest, disenchantment, and many other things in life could easily be added on to the reasons. I had 5 or 6 at one time and I only have 2 left and rarely shoot them. They just don't do anything for me anymore. When you can buy them for $300 or $400 and sell them for $800 or more and you rarely ever touch them it is not hard to send them packing.

Molot has little interest to me in anything they sell or have made after seeing the refurbs from them at Cabella's. I see nothing but commercial rebuilding in the slipshod way they are made and assembled. Plus the current supply of them has stocks that would not be fun for me to shoot or hold to be honest. The stampings on the snipers show current numbering styles and somewhat copied from the older examples around that are deemed real so I put little or no faith in them being real otherthen them being made out of the proper parts maybe? To me they are maybe $400 worth of parts assembled in a commercial site recently. They are however the only game in town and if I spent the money they are charging I would dang sure believe it was the real thing! Such is what I think and only my personal opinion and you can give me a million reasons why I am dead wrong and I will still feel the sameway so rant away! Bill :o
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

zeebill wrote:

Disinterest, disenchantment, and many other things in life could easily be added on to the reasons. I had 5 or 6 at one time and I only have 2 left and rarely shoot them. They just don't do anything for me anymore. When you can buy them for $300 or $400 and sell them for $800 or more and you rarely ever touch them it is not hard to send them packing.

Molot has little interest to me in anything they sell or have made after seeing the refurbs from them at Cabella's. I see nothing but commercial rebuilding in the slipshod way they are made and assembled. Plus the current supply of them has stocks that would not be fun for me to shoot or hold to be honest. The stampings on the snipers show current numbering styles and somewhat copied from the older examples around that are deemed real so I put little or no faith in them being real otherthen them being made out of the proper parts maybe? To me they are maybe $400 worth of parts assembled in a commercial site recently. They are however the only game in town and if I spent the money they are charging I would dang sure believe it was the real thing! Such is what I think and only my personal opinion and you can give me a million reasons why I am dead wrong and I will still feel the sameway so rant away! Bill :o
We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Semper Fi, Rob
1938 Tula